thinking tesoro which one

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do a lot of woods hunts and river banks, cellar holes stuff like that.I have a etrac and a atpro I use the etrac for around the cellar holes and the atpro for parks and water. What I was looking for is a detector for away from the cellar holes and random woods hunt,were there a lot of ground to cover ,something with a good swing speed and also a joy to swing.I like old coins stuff like that. I live in ma don't no how the tesoro are around here and this soil , hot rocks, had a f75 and it hit rocks the size aof b_ba!lls so any information would be great thanks

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were to go with Tesoro.....it would be Vaquero forsure.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well they have a good following and I no there light, but dept I'm unsure ,there is leafs and such and sometimes the coil has to be off the ground a bit. I'll check them out thanks.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You already have two high end machines,if you soil is not to bad get a compadre with the 8" coil..S.T

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You already have two high end machines,if you soil is not to bad get a compadre with the 8" coil..S.T
Thanks , I no I have good detectores , but the etrac can get tiring if you use it everyday and some spots have a lot of ground to cover with good targets far and few, so something light would be batter at times .To tell you the truth don't no if its just me, but I get bored to the sounds and how you have to search the atpro is great to, but find my self grabbing the etrac more.the atpro bangs on closer to the surface. I think it weighs 3.3 and etrac 4.4. I'm trying to get one a year and then get rid of the ones I don't use or have a purpose. Also different detectors have different balance ii will look at that one,there is a lot of mix reviews on tesoro. But the most common statement is its the best value out there.thanks again.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks , I no I have good detectores , but the etrac can get tiring if you use it everyday and some spots have a lot of ground to cover with good targets far and few, so something light would be batter at times .To tell you the truth don't no if its just me, but I get bored to the sounds and how you have to search the atpro is great to, but find my self grabbing the etrac more.the atpro bangs on closer to the surface. I think it weighs 3.3 and etrac 4.4. I'm trying to get one a year and then get rid of the ones I don't use or have a purpose. Also different detectors have different balance ii will look at that one,there is a lot of mix reviews on tesoro. But the most common statement is its the best value out there.thanks again.

Umm...use a harness with the etrac? That way you have a lighter feeling EXCELLENT detector, that is hard to beat or even match.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sold my E-Trac, just too heavy and not finding anything that my Vaquero wasn't finding anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread