Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: TESORO CORTES?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2014
    knoxville area
    Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
    111 times
    Metal Detecting

TESORO CORTE'S?

Has anyone owned or owns the corte's.I own an ATP and just sold my CTX.
    Im wanting a MD that offers more depth but still separates silver from clad and more separation between the coins than the CTX does.

us
    Sep 2013
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon & Compadre
    1287 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The ctx is suppose to be one of the best.....why did u sale it?
    Direct descendant of:
    Ezekiel Lamb 13th VA Inf. Co F, CSA
    Robert Wyant 33rd VA Inf. Co F, CSA
    Thornton Dean 10th VA Inf. Co I, CSA

us
    Jul 2014
    knoxville area
    111 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerinVA View Post
    The ctx is suppose to be one of the best.....why did u sale it?
    There wasnt enough separation between copper pennies,dimes and quarters for me.The final straw for me was when I dug 11 pennies that were reading 11-45,12-45 which is supposed to be quarters and a mercury dime at 11-42 which is penny.There is no separation what so ever between silver and clad.
    Besides those issues I had,the machine is great balance is perfect,gps,unmasking targets,and depth.
    I just took for granted that the clad/silver and coin separation would match or exceed the ATP but was disappointed to find out it didn't even come close.
    I found out the hard way these are the most important things i want In a MD. I really haven't had any issues with the ATP with masking.
    I took the CTX over 6 areas i hit with the ATP and only found pennies"which i only dig wheats with the ATP and a few dimes

us
    Sep 2013
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon & Compadre
    1287 times
    My buddy has the etrac and has no problem telling the silver from clad amd skippimg the pennies.....which I dig because I love digging wheats. And the atpro only id's these coins to about 6 inches and a lot of your best coins may be at 7 or so. The vdi on the atp(and most others) can be off here. You just have to dig what sounds good.....don't be lazy! And how can you only dig wheats How can you tell an '80 memorial from a '35 wheat?
    Last edited by DiggerinVA; Sep 15, 2014 at 09:39 AM.
    Direct descendant of:
    Ezekiel Lamb 13th VA Inf. Co F, CSA
    Robert Wyant 33rd VA Inf. Co F, CSA
    Thornton Dean 10th VA Inf. Co I, CSA

us
    Aug 2011
    Riverside CA
    Current: Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whites GMZ, Fisher New Gol
    778 times
    My buddy has the etrac and has no problem telling the silver from clad amd skippimg the pennies.....which I dig because I love digging wheats. And the atpro only id's these coins to about 6 inches and a lot of your best coins may be at 7 or so. The vdi on the atp(and most others) can be off here. You just have to dig what sounds good.....don't be lazy! And how can you only dig wheats How can you tell an '80 memorial from a '35 wheat?
    Agreed! Don't be lazy. Many detectors ID silver coins the same as their clad counterparts. If you dont dig ANY pennies, you may be missing Indian heads as well. I would have walked right by the IH I found a few months ago, as it ID'ed the same as a zincoln. Most seasoned detectorists will tell you: ID is much more accurate digging by tones than numbers. To find good stuff you are gonna dig trash and stuff you weren't expecting, it's just a fact of the hobby.
    luvsdux likes this.
    "We all have the right to find people's lost items and claim them as our own"
    Peggy Hill

us
    Jul 2014
    knoxville area
    111 times
    Metal Detecting
    I know how to run my machine.
    A wheat hits higher than a browny
    A dime hits higher than a wheat a silver dime hits higher than clad
    And the same with qrtrs and halves.
    Ih's are not a problem either.
    Who ever told u vdi #'s work to 6" doesn't know how to run the ATP.
    You fellas can dig all the brownies n zincs you want.Im don't

us
    Jul 2014
    knoxville area
    111 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicscott View Post

Agreed! Don't be lazy. Many detectors ID silver coins the same as their clad counterparts. If you dont dig ANY pennies, you may be missing Indian heads as well. I would have walked right by the IH I found a few months ago, as it ID'ed the same as a zincoln. Most seasoned detectorists will tell you: ID is much more accurate digging by tones than numbers. To find good stuff you are gonna dig trash and stuff you weren't expecting, it's just a fact of the hobby.
    So Im guessing the answer to my ? Is no TESORO doesn't have a MD that separates coins and silver from clad.thanks for the help fellas HH

us
    Aug 2011
    Riverside CA
    Current: Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whites GMZ, Fisher New Gol
    778 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ringking76 View Post

I know how to run my machine.
    A wheat hits higher than a browny
    A dime hits higher than a wheat a silver dime hits higher than clad
    And the same with qrtrs and halves.
    Ih's are not a problem either.
    Who ever told u vdi #'s work to 6" doesn't know how to run the ATP.
    You fellas can dig all the brownies n zincs you want.Im don't
    Sound is more reliable on deeper targets. That is pretty well known info. Wow that is amazing tho, how your machine can distinguish different YEARS of copper pennies? Nice I've never heard of a machine that can tell a 1909 vdb from a 1980 lincoln! Good machine you got there. HH
    Peggy Hill

us
    Bill Jones

May 2007
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Multiple Tesoros and Whites
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    There's many detectors I haven't used or handled. However, in my limited experience I haven't seen any detector that displays silver differently than clad. Zinc pennies versus copper pennies yes and dimes versus quarters etc. due to the size difference, but often confuse copper pennies for dimes, also. Your eyes are the only 100% discriminator.
    luvsdux

us
    Jul 2014
    knoxville area
    111 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsdux View Post
    There's many detectors I haven't used or handled. However, in my limited experience I haven't seen any detector that displays silver differently than clad. Zinc pennies versus copper pennies yes and dimes versus quarters etc. due to the size difference, but often confuse copper pennies for dimes, also. Your eyes are the only 100% discriminator.
    luvsdux
    Ill post a video as soon as I can on my YouTube channel,this wknd if i can get on some silver to show it is possible to distinguish from pennies up threw the coin spectrum.older pennies"lincolns" are the hardest,they're close to dimes but you can usually distinguish between them.
    Silver is the easiest to id they are 2 to 3 points above the clad id.

us
    Aug 2011
    Riverside CA
    778 times
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsdux View Post
    luvsdux
    I thought the same. Even so, if I had NOT dug clad, I would have left over $60 behind over the past year for someone else to find.
    Peggy Hill

us
    Jul 2014
    knoxville area
    111 times
    Metal Detecting

Sound is more reliable on deeper targets. That is pretty well known info. Wow that is amazing tho, how your machine can distinguish different YEARS of copper pennies? Nice I've never heard of a machine that can tell a 1909 vdb from a 1980 lincoln! Good machine you got there. HH
    Lol headphones came with my ATP Ik what a good target sounds like.
    If your MD has ID# capability don't use it?
    Using both will increase your knowledge of the target.HH

us
    Aug 2011
    Riverside CA
    778 times

Lol headphones came with my ATP Ik what a good target sounds like.
    If your MD has ID# capability don't use it?
    Using both will increase your knowledge of the target.HH
    If course my X-Terra has it, and I use VID only to get any idea of what conductivity the item MAY be. Ater many hours using my current detector and other VID units, I learned not to rely on VID as it can be less accurate on deeper coins, different soil composition/mineralization, coins that are adjacent to iron, coins that are on their side, etc...as opposed to laying flat. Anyone who solely relies on VID is missing out. The VID is based on ideal conditions with coins being perfectly round, flat, etc... I rarely hunt in ideal conditions at the old homesites full of rusty iron, etc...so I dig any good tones, not being too concerned with the 'guesstimate' of the numbers.
    rainyday101 likes this.
    Peggy Hill

us
    Jul 2014
    knoxville area
    111 times
    Metal Detecting

If course my X-Terra has it, and I use VID only to get any idea of what conductivity the item MAY be. Ater many hours using my current detector and other VID units, I learned not to rely on VID as it can be less accurate on deeper coins, different soil composition/mineralization, coins that are adjacent to iron, coins that are on their side, etc...as opposed to laying flat. Anyone who solely relies on VID is missing out. The VID is based on ideal conditions with coins being perfectly round, flat, etc... I rarely hunt in ideal conditions at the old homesites full of rusty iron, etc...so I dig any good tones, not being too concerned with the 'guesstimate' of the numbers.
    I've been hunting a city that is "new" 1942 built for the Manhattan project most of it is not to trashy,except for buildings that have been demolished.

us
    Aug 2011
    Riverside CA
    778 times

I've been hunting a city that is "new" 1942 built for the Manhattan project most of it is not to trashy,except for buildings that have been demolished.
    Sounds like a great site! Good luck with it, keep us posted!
    Peggy Hill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links