nel tornado on silver umax

bierfish

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2013
kansas city mo
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero , tesoro silver umax w/ nel tornado 12x13 coil , whites prizm v , tesoro compadre , garrett gtax 500 , whites trx pinpointer , lesche digger , whites xlt e series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well i just got home from test driving my new nel tornado 12x13 on my silver umax and i realized i need a shovel hahahahaha. The tornado has excellent build quality and comes with a coil cover and very thick cable that suppresses emi. the nel is stable enough that i can run the sensitivity wide open with no chattering , i can also do that with the stock coil. I believe that is because of the mild mineralization of missouri soil. I started off searching a small park with a baseball field and sand volleyball court , i naturally hit the sand first so i could dig everything with ease. First find was a bottlecap at 8 inches , the stock coil will also do that , but several minutes later i started hitting bottlecaps at 12 to 14 inches. I cleaned the sand lot of bottlecaps and small pieces of wire and assorted trash that somehow finds it's way into sand hahahaha. Now it's time for dirt , i headed over to the shelter and then i realized i need a shovel because my lesche digger is good but the nel can find a bottlecap at 14 inches in dirt also. It sounded like i went over a buick hubcap , or the whole car. Then i came home for lunch and to write this up. I'm very impressed with the nel and it's performance. The weight is not far off from the stock coil and it balances out well. My arms are tired from digging , not the larger coil. I bought the nel tornado from gold digger metal detectors and the shipping was fast and way cheaper than buying direct from nel in the ukraine. :icon_thumright:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have started looking at large coils for my wifes new Silver umax for relic hunting this fall, soo this is very helpful....thanks.

OP
OP
B

bierfish

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2013
kansas city mo
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero , tesoro silver umax w/ nel tornado 12x13 coil , whites prizm v , tesoro compadre , garrett gtax 500 , whites trx pinpointer , lesche digger , whites xlt e series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looked all over for info on aftermarket coils on a bunch of forums and watched alot of videos and after coming up with nothing for the silver umax i decided to pull the trigger and try it out and put it on several forums to help folk's out. It does make you wonder how many people are running good setups and not sharing the info to give themselves a leg up on the competition. From what i've seen so far the depth is awesome and the pinpointing is spot on , it did take me a couple of minutes to figure out pinpointing with a dd coil instead of the concentric coils i've been running for years. I'm going out again in the morning and i'll put more up on here when i get back. This thing is starting to look like an excellent relic hunting setup. I'm also running killer b's optima headphones and a whites trx pinpointer , if it's within reach of the coil it's coming out of the ground hahahaha.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the TRX, it's a laser beam.

OP
OP
B

bierfish

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2013
kansas city mo
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah hobojo the trx has made my holes alot smaller hahaha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread