Received my Compadre w/8" coil today! (just in time for the rain)

jtindover

May 8, 2012
Dover , DE
Detector(s) used
minelab Equinox 600,Minelab Excalibur 2, White's M6, Detector Pro Uni-Probe headphones, Tesoro Sand Shark , Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre 8", Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I added a Tesoro Compadre with the 8 inch coil to my arsenal today! I was all excited to get out managed about 20 minutes before the rain came in. I didn't get to use all the discrimination modes yet. I decided to cherry pick and used max discrimination. I managed a few quarters, dimes and a penny. I had high hopes since I found a area where they just removed the old side walk. What do most of you hunt in? My limited time kept me out of all metal tonight! I decided on a compadre after my experience with the Sand Shark! I have been very happy with Tesoro!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I hunt either in all metal, the knob at the I in iron, the knob at just past the n in iron or just a bit higher but that's about as high as I go depending on how much trash I want to deal with.
The higher the disc the less depth you will get.
It might not be a big difference between all metal and max disc but there will be some.
The lower the disc the clearer the signal will be on the deeper ones.
Too much disc and you might not hear the deeper ones at all.
I also start low, get a signal, thumb the knob up past the fade out point and then slowly back down and listen closely to how the signal comes in on every signal...a much better way to to this and much more accurate than to just turn up to the fade out point IMO.
Here is how I do it in my post in this thread...
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tesoro/412160-help-my-compadre.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
jtindover

jtindover

May 8, 2012
Dover , DE
Detector(s) used
minelab Equinox 600,Minelab Excalibur 2, White's M6, Detector Pro Uni-Probe headphones, Tesoro Sand Shark , Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre 8", Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice! Hope to get out with my son for a few hours this weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread