Sand Shark as good as new!

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Sand Shark was giving an intermittent crazy signal but would be OK after a few minutes. Two weeks ago when I turned the machine on the only sound was the threshold hum but it would not identify metal. Called Rusty at Tesoro, who said to send the unit in for inspection. Received back yesterday (only 7 days) and did some air tests that indicated the machine was once again working just fine. He said the 8" coil was leaking and replaced it. (not sure what "leaking means.) Rusty also gave me some new headphone cushions and some silicone gel packets... gotta LOVE the great service!

Took the machine to Anna Marie Island but forgot my water scoop. (SLAP FOREHEAD.) Pulled out the ATPRO and did dry sand on a day that was perfect for a water hunt.

Back in the saddle next week! :headbang:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have stuck with the Sand Shark even on the dry sand as there are lots of targets beyond the reach of the Garrett. Leaking can also be incoming water.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you shook the coil did you hear water sloshing around in it?:laughing7:

OP
OP
Eddie Current

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did not shake the coil looking for water.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
leak
lēk/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: leaking
(of a container or covering) accidentally lose or admit contents, especially liquid or gas, through a hole or crack.
"the roof leaked"
synonyms: seep (out), escape, ooze (out), secrete, bleed, emanate, issue, drip, dribble, drain; More

Minas man

Apr 5, 2014
Atlantic Canada
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Anfibio wireless headphones
Nokta Makro Pulse Dive & Pulse Dive 8 inch
Fisher Gold Bug Pro DP
NEL Hunter & 5 inch fish
Killer B's headphones
Tesoro Vaquero 5x10 DD wide scan Realistic No
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The leak in coil can short circuit the unit and it might only be a tiny bit of water to short out a wire in the coil. I have hunted Anna Marie Island beach with my Vaquero. Hope to be there this spring again with ML Sovereign.
Glad your shark is all fixed up.

Minas man

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread