Cazador was never meant to be....

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Word on the street sez that Tesoro never intended to release a new machine. They were merely posting a 'what if' rhetorical question to get some replies from the Tesoro faithful about a cool new name for a cool new detector that may or may not ever see the light of day.

It's almost November and not a peep from 'em.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Word on the street sez that Tesoro never intended to release a new machine. They were merely posting a 'what if' rhetorical question to get some replies from the Tesoro faithful about a cool new name for a cool new detector that may or may not ever see the light of day.

Things that make you go hmmm.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So they quit making the Golden and STILL no Cazador?? Not good!

OP
OP
SilverFinger

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I was hoping the Cazador woulda been based on the multi-tones of the Golden with some other type of something-or-the-other enhancements.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your street has an open sewer running down the middle of it!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No telling why Tesoro hasn't brought it out yet. Takes time for all the vendors to get their ducks in a row.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No telling why Tesoro hasn't brought it out yet. Takes time for all the vendors to get their ducks in a row.

Im sure they would not ask people for opinions on a name, etc..., then decide on a name just to stir things up. Obviously it is in the works still.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with Scott.....something is coming.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Response on a competing forum from Tesoro puts this rumor to rest.
luvsdux

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Response on a competing forum from Tesoro puts this rumor to rest.
luvsdux

Tesoro's rep reply....

TesoroMD said:
So I'm not on for a couple of months, and this is what happens. Sheesh! Ok, fellow hunters, its update time. Cazador, Cazador, Cazador, nope, saying it three times doesn't build it any quicker either, but I thought I'd try. This design IS real. It IS happening, and it IS the largest undertaking this company has ever seen. Now you guys and gals out there know that I can't divulge any real details, but we are still on track with NEW stuff going into this project. We are working very diligently getting this off the ground so to speak. So it's here I wanted to remind everybody of what we and ONLY we do here at Tesoro.

1. Real service. This means a human being talks to you well you call.
2. Warranty no one else can offer. Lifetime means lifetime.
3. Durability. It's amazing to see the original Inca and Cortes come back for just a tuning - from 1984.
4. Ease of use / simplicity. No 30 min class required. Stick to simple and fun.
5. Competitive pricing. You don't have to make payments like your car or mortgage to own one.

With these kinds of principles backing our products, we don't strive to turn out five million machines a year or produce them in Asia for pennies on the dollar for the massive profit margin. We are still building right here in the USA, and are not selling out. WE want to offer the best product we can at the most reasonable price for that product. This takes time. It always has. Please stay with us and be patient, it's coming.

Nathan Jaeger

Last edited:

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it just goes to show you can't believe everything you read on the internet.
Thank you Digger !!!

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
Maybe it's presenting more problems in debugging a final design than they anticipated. For a long wait, go to troycustomdetectors.com - the website is still up, the forum has been suspended for several years, and if I remember correctly, they stopped selling their X3 and X5 when First Texas acquired Fisher.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Some projects are quickies, some aren't, and you don't always know up front how far away the finish line is (or even if there will be one). I'm quite sure that the Name Game that Tesoro did, was about a real project that they expected to have ready for the market soon enough that the name wouldn't already be worn out before the first unit came off the production line. In this business, that would mean they were expecting to ship in less than a year, probably 6 months or so.

The 1260-X, my very first commercial metal detector, was shipping about 15 months from the day I was hired. Completely new platform. Example of a quickie. The Tesoro Lobo ST was also fairly quick, totally new platform from start to shipping in less than 2 years.

I've had projects that were supposed to be fairly minor revs of an existing product, that either took more than a year, or we finally gave up on. New technology can drag on a long time: my first swinging multifreaker was 1983 and the CZ6 was released in November 1991. It took nearly a decade to get from my first swinging PI to the released Impulse, a product I was never very proud of.

So, what's the Cazador gonna be? I don't know, all I've got to go on is speculation, not even any rumors. When will it be unveiled? I don't know, but I do expect it to happen. And, I think that "Cazador" was a good name choice.

Even though nowadays I work for FTP-Fisher, I look forward to the Cazador's release. Whatever it is, it won't make a big dent in our sales. And unless Tesoro makes some horrible mistake on it, it'll be a good product that helps keep Tesoro alive. I have fond memories of working for Tesoro back in the mid-1990's, respect them as a worthy competitor, regard them as good for the industry as a whole, and wish them well.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some projects are quickies, some aren't, and you don't always know up front how far away the finish line is (or even if there will be one). I'm quite sure that the Name Game that Tesoro did, was about a real project that they expected to have ready for the market soon enough that the name wouldn't already be worn out before the first unit came off the production line. In this business, that would mean they were expecting to ship in less than a year, probably 6 months or so.

The 1260-X, my very first commercial metal detector, was shipping about 15 months from the day I was hired. Completely new platform. Example of a quickie. The Tesoro Lobo ST was also fairly quick, totally new platform from start to shipping in less than 2 years.

I've had projects that were supposed to be fairly minor revs of an existing product, that either took more than a year, or we finally gave up on. New technology can drag on a long time: my first swinging multifreaker was 1983 and the CZ6 was released in November 1991. It took nearly a decade to get from my first swinging PI to the released Impulse, a product I was never very proud of.

So, what's the Cazador gonna be? I don't know, all I've got to go on is speculation, not even any rumors. When will it be unveiled? I don't know, but I do expect it to happen. And, I think that "Cazador" was a good name choice.

Even though nowadays I work for FTP-Fisher, I look forward to the Cazador's release. Whatever it is, it won't make a big dent in our sales. And unless Tesoro makes some horrible mistake on it, it'll be a good product that helps keep Tesoro alive. I have fond memories of working for Tesoro back in the mid-1990's, respect them as a worthy competitor, regard them as good for the industry as a whole, and wish them well.

Now this is interesting insider perspective. Thanks for the insight Dave. Hope you are doing well.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I they don't test it everyone on here would be posting what a POS it is.
It takes times to retool and build a new Machine.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I they don't test it everyone on here would be posting what a POS it is.
It takes times to retool and build a new Machine.
Yes you sure do not want it to be like the AT Pro when it came out .. But then Garrett recovered after the bad start..

OP
OP
SilverFinger

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My evil plot to coerce info outta Nathan worked perfectly.... Mwah hahaha!!!!!:evil5:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you sure do not want it to be like the AT Pro when it came out .. But then Garrett recovered after the bad start..

Or the Outlaw! Retune return

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread