Fresh blood here. golden umax?

Dec 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi from snowy Russia. Im compmetely new to the thing and was looking for an md and read tons of info until i chose tesoro. My options were limited as i don.t have a great great budget and suppliers here in moscow seem to reject tesoros cause they aren t so popular and i failed to buy a cibola twice. Couldn, t find any silver umax available and was really upset. Tejon is out of my money range and i don.t think i need it right now.
At last i got a positive answer from a man who is selling his golden umax 2011 not used a lot cause he has a higher machine aside, afaik. Moreover he promised to help with the garantee repairworks in case i needed them. He got his md from a very reliable shop here the dealer i know i can trust.
So tomorrow i.m gonna get it and i was just curious if i.m making a good choice cause lots of people told me to buy ace 250 or f2 or somewhat else for my first md.
Will i be able to hunt jewelry relics and coins with Golden? I don.t know much about mineralization here but im pretty sure its mostly clay and sand beneath.
I.m also thinking about setting it up with a wider Nel coil. But first i.d like to see how it performs with its own coil.
Thanks.

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi !

You should not hesitateto buy this machine.

You can set the notch(es) as to avoid most of the pulltabs (provinding russian coins don't fall in the same range), or, with notch OFF, tune the tones of targets to suit your needs. The unit is in some ways capable of differenciating round and square tabs from some 18k gold bands by tones. If the serial number is lower than 190700, it's a unit with the older tones, higher numbers are with newer tones (more audible audio difference in the gold/5c range vs the medium tones)

The all metal mode is very deep, and, should it have problems with ground minerals, you can tweak the internal ground balance pot to match your soils.

Take the time to learn it well, get at least 20/30 hours on it, and you will see the light !!

Happy hunting !

Last edited:

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
get the golden. you will have a much better detector than an ace 250 or a f2. that way you will not get dependent on a digital readout and will rely more on sound. i got the vaquero for my first one. im very happy with the tesoro.

OP
OP
D
Dec 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx for your support! I.m a proud owner of golden umax now. I.m sure i won.t regret the choice i.ve made. If it wasn.t for frozen ground i.d go hunting right now.
Anyway i.m having a few days away and i.m taking my golden with me of course))

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come back and give us your impressions and show us any cool finds after you have used the machine for awhile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread