Headphones issues with Tejon

ponz

Oct 15, 2014
Kansas City, MO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought a decent pair of headphones with with a volume adjust built into the cord.

A stereo converter adapter plug gives me tremendous volume control but only in one ear.
A mono converter adapter plug gives me volume to both ears, but VERY VERY LOW at the loudest setting.

Both of these converter plugs were purchased at Radio Shack. I need a converter adapter 1/8 to 1/4 that will give me a wide volume range in both ears.

Assistance would be apprciated.

Ponz

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop playing around with toy stuff an get some Detector Pro's, like Grey Ghost's or Black Widow's.
Flies and Baits 205.jpg

OP
OP
P

ponz

Oct 15, 2014
Kansas City, MO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got it figured out......If I don't insert the adapter all the way into the detector receptacle it/they work fine. I have to leave an 1/4" unplugged.

Now to hunt the garage for spacers of some sort...

Ponz

spanner

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normally I use Grey Ghosts with my Tejon but occasionally when I want to hear what's going on around me I'll use light weight foam "I-pod" type headphones. I use a Koss VC20 inline volume control and an 1/8" to 1/4" stereo plug adapter so it plugs into My Tejon. Works fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread