VERODIGDUG

May 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no the tejon control box is not waterproof. the coil is though. could wait and see if the new machine tesoro is going to put out will be. well, when it does. i wonder with the success of the AT pro if it will be a all round waterproof unit. but, with not one bit of info of any kind or an approximate release date of it. hard to tell what it will be or when.

OP
OP
VERODIGDUG

VERODIGDUG

May 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks....guess that makes the decision easy then!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't make the ATP your relic detector as you'll be disappointed with falsing. Many love it but they never used a quiet stable unit. You would be better served with a BHID as its waterproof to ten foot an a good detector. There is also the Tiger Shark for water use but ya can't change coils for conditions, in fact same goes for the Whites. I'd still opt for the Tejon or CZ6a.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman hates the ATpro for some reason....I have never had a problem with my pro falsing. Works great even in heavy iron and has gave me a bunch of civil war relics. But if relics are your main goal...look at the AT gold. It has true all metal which helps to get those deep bullets and buttons. Its higher frequency also hits harder than the pro's on mid range cunductors like lead! Hope this helps.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman....are u talking about the atp falsing at the beach? Because thats the only place I have ever experienced any falsing...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman....are u talking about the atp falsing at the beach? Because thats the only place I have ever experienced any falsing...

Falsing at the beach I can understand but falsing when you hold the coil still anywhere in my location. This is my third ATP so it has to be EMI. Sens at 3 bars lower than max. No cell phones turned on, no electric dog fences or security systems in the woods. Other detectors work fine. So I think I'm just going to live with the fact that mine is useless.:BangHead:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is strange....in my area the places where my f75 is unusable my atp is still quiet as mouse even at full sense. I guess its the different areas? ??

OP
OP
VERODIGDUG

VERODIGDUG

May 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for both of your replies. It wouldn't be primarily relic. More relic/coin in fresh water and nowhere near a beach. I'll be hunting areas of old forts, settlements, and Indian villages. I said areas of...before anyone jumps down my throat :)

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also agree - the AT Gold will probably serve you better for this type of hunting. Its more sensitive on mid and lower conductor relics than the AT Pro. If your sites are the type I think they are, that's the exact type of target you will be finding in abundance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread