Will there be a new Tesoro for 2015?

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i made this comment on another forum replying to a guy that said that people are bashing tesoro for not jumping high or fast enough for them. i think the frustration is like, being called in the house for supper, sitting down at the table. then thats when the turkey gets put in the oven. would it not make more sense to wait until the turkey is almost done, then call everyone in? that way people are not sitting there complaining that their hungry

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good point jld66. However, I was thinking about this thread and just for kicks and giggles If Tesoro unveils a new machine in the not too distant future that is really great, then we'll all be praising how it was worth the wait. Hope this turns out to be the case.
hh
luvsdux

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might not be able to dive anymore so ten foot would be fine except for the extra insurance of a pressure tested dive unit built like a tank. Examples CZ-21, 1280-X, Tiger Shark & Sand Shark.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Yeah I would love to see Tesoro come out with a multi frequency detector at a competitive price that would give the Excal a run for its money. Why is Minelab the only manufacturer with a multi frequency detector?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I would love to see Tesoro come out with a multi frequency detector at a competitive price that would give the Excal a run for its money. Why is Minelab the only manufacturer with a multi frequency detector?
They're not. The CZ-6a, CZ-20/21, BHID for VLF's.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I mean more than 2 frequencies like the excal.

I believe the answer to your question is that when you exceed the $1000.00 retail price, your customer market gets drastically smaller...

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does Minelab own the rights to BBS? Why hasn't any other company made a similar detector?

Of course they own the rights to BBS. Minelab is the creator of it. That doesn't mean that a multi freq detector cant be made without using BBS though.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
So any company wanting to make a multi frequency detector has to get Minelabs approval?? Didn't Whites have to do this when they made the BH ID 300?

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So any company wanting to make a multi frequency detector has to get Minelabs approval?? Didn't Whites have to do this when they made the BH ID 300?

Haha! Come on now, of course other companies can make them! They just CANT call it BBS though. BBS is the term & specific technology that Minelab patented that relates to their particular multi frequency technology

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I know any other company can make them lol, but because Minelab owns the patent for multi frequency and BBS then what I'm saying is, If another company wants to put out a new multi frequency detector, then Minelab gets a percentage of each detector that gets sold. Do they not?? Minelab has patents on some of Whites detectors like the DFX and the BH ID300 I've heard. All I'm asking is,..doesn't any company putting out a new multi frequency machine have to have minelabs patent on it??

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fact: Minelab's BBS & FBS designs are all 2 frequencies.
Fact: Minelab's original MF patent has expired.
Fact: White's BHID/DFX design never actually infringed Minelab's patent, yet White's still licensed it. There is a long, convoluted fact-is-stranger-than-fiction story that I'm not at liberty to divulge.
Fact: There are a number of ways to do MF that steer clear of current Minelab patents.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i made this comment on another forum replying to a guy that said that people are bashing tesoro for not jumping high or fast enough for them. i think the frustration is like, being called in the house for supper, sitting down at the table. then thats when the turkey gets put in the oven. would it not make more sense to wait until the turkey is almost done, then call everyone in? that way people are not sitting there complaining that their hungry

I understand the hungry analogy, but when I get hungry I just grab one of my current Tesoro's and go hunting.

I personally don't understand all the hype. What are we waiting for? It's not some new super technology. VLF technology is VLF technology. Don't expect any magic bullets. Really guys micro processors and new coils have already (for some time now) taken VLF technology as far as it's gonna go. The best VLF machines are already being made.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stat. What he said. Thank you Rainy.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stat. What he said. Thank you Rainy.

Your welcome Hobojo. I just don't get all the hype. Don't get me wrong I hope the Caz is super, but the three detectors I have now will find anything I need to find. What I have now are three simple, effective, and efficient detectors that all work really well. All three of the Tesoro's I have now amaze me every time I use them. In my opinion the Tiger Shark is the most amazing of them all. That thing is like a Silver uMax on steroids.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to me Tesoro set themselves up for this by announcing to introduce a new model nearly 2 years ago they apparently are in no hurry to produce. Innovations are ALWAYS being made in the industry. Even the $300 Eurotek's have a very useful adjustable iron audio feature that can really help those if us who hunt in all metal. I, like many, are hoping to find the best new detector. I was hoping Tesoro would be in contention, as I like the company & their philosophy, but only (a long) time will tell. The Compadre is just awesome. A 4-tone unit based on the Comps disc with adjustable GB would really get me thinking!

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm interesting "facts"

The beep industry has a lot of urban mythology kicking around that's less interesting than the facts.

The Fisher multifrequency CZ series was introduced in November 1991. We're still making it. I was the Fisher engineer then, and still am. If Minelab ever spit northward at the CZ, I never heard about it.

Not that Minelab never spits northward. When they heard Jack was about to release the Lobo ST with "ground tracking", their lawyer gave him a nasty threatening phone call. After all, Minelab had a patent on ground tracking, right? Jack told the toid to sit close to the phone because he'd be receiving a reply real soon. Jack and I pooled what we knew and he called back about half an hour later. "Yeah, we know about your patent. We know about 6 ways to get around it. If you want to know which of those ways we'll be implementing in the Lobo ST, be our first customer and reverse engineer it. Lemmee know what you think of it." As far as I know, that was the last phone call Jack ever got from Minelab.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions