Will there be a new Tesoro for 2015?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

There has been so much talk about the Tesoro product line here on the forum, am I missing something not owning one?

Regards,

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah, im not looking for a new unit. the vaquero works well for me. but, all the people that got all hyped up when the name vote was final. nothing has ever been said other than it is in the works. it has been a long time. just seems tesoro could say a bit more about it. at least an approximate time, is it going to be waterproof. still a beeper or have a display. but nothing. just its in the works. understand they may not want to rush it. but, come on.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I awaited purchasing a new machine last year in the hopes of the Cazador, (sp.?), release. What happened?
Peace ✌

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey cinci-kid....how you like the Cortez? How does it compare to your ATP? Never seen one used but always been curious about the Cortez.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm about as loyal to Tesoro without being a total fanatic as I can be, and while I don't really need a new detector I've been patiently waiting to see what they come up with. However, I'm beginning to have serious doubts considering how long this wait has been going on.
luvsdux

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really makes Tesoro look kinda lame, hyping people up for nothing, almost 2 years ago. In the meantime the competitors are pumping out new units as usual. Where is this Nathan guy? At least Allcav was here standing up for the company. Jaeger should be here answering these queries, instead of just leaving it for people to speculate. So they drop the Golden & still no replacement?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro really is lagging in the new designs department...

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Call Vince at Tesoro and talk to him. I did. He'll give you the straight facts on a new Tesoro release...

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call Vince at Tesoro and talk to him. I did. He'll give you the straight facts on a new Tesoro release...

So he gave you a release date when you talked to him? That would be a straight fact IMO.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It really makes Tesoro look kinda lame, hyping people up for nothing, almost 2 years ago. In the meantime the competitors are pumping out new units as usual. Where is this Nathan guy? At least Allcav was here standing up for the company. Jaeger should be here answering these queries, instead of just leaving it for people to speculate. So they drop the Golden & still no replacement?
Yes that Allcav was pretty good he always let us know what was going on with Tesoro…Now we are back were we was before in the dark with Tesoro..

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, what were the straight facts? or do we all have to call, ask and bug the guy? possibly the straight fact is, as it has always been. that they are making a new model and its still in the works. which has been said on this forum and others.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Off another forum, Nathan Jaeger responds to a similar thread on Oct 21 2014....

So I'm not on for a couple of months, and this is what happens. Sheesh! Ok, fellow hunters, its update time. Cazador, Cazador, Cazador, nope, saying it three times doesn't build it any quicker either, but I thought I'd try. This design IS real. It IS happening, and it IS the largest undertaking this company has ever seen. Now you guys and gals out there know that I can't divulge any real details, but we are still on track with NEW stuff going into this project. We are working very diligently getting this off the ground so to speak. So it's here I wanted to remind everybody of what we and ONLY we do here at Tesoro.

1. Real service. This means a human being talks to you well you call.
2. Warranty no one else can offer. Lifetime means lifetime.
3. Durability. It's amazing to see the original Inca and Cortes come back for just a tuning - from 1984.
4. Ease of use / simplicity. No 30 min class required. Stick to simple and fun.
5. Competitive pricing. You don't have to make payments like your car or mortgage to own one.

With these kinds of principles backing our products, we don't strive to turn out five million machines a year or produce them in Asia for pennies on the dollar for the massive profit margin. We are still building right here in the USA, and are not selling out. WE want to offer the best product we can at the most reasonable price for that product. This takes time. It always has. Please stay with us and be patient, it's coming.

Nathan Jaeger

Nathan Jaeger
Chief of Operations
Tesoro Electronics

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off another forum, Nathan Jaeger responds to a similar thread on Oct 21 2014....

So I'm not on for a couple of months, and this is what happens. Sheesh! Ok, fellow hunters, its update time. Cazador, Cazador, Cazador, nope, saying it three times doesn't build it any quicker either, but I thought I'd try. This design IS real. It IS happening, and it IS the largest undertaking this company has ever seen. Now you guys and gals out there know that I can't divulge any real details, but we are still on track with NEW stuff going into this project. We are working very diligently getting this off the ground so to speak. So it's here I wanted to remind everybody of what we and ONLY we do here at Tesoro.

1. Real service. This means a human being talks to you well you call.
2. Warranty no one else can offer. Lifetime means lifetime.
3. Durability. It's amazing to see the original Inca and Cortes come back for just a tuning - from 1984.
4. Ease of use / simplicity. No 30 min class required. Stick to simple and fun.
5. Competitive pricing. You don't have to make payments like your car or mortgage to own one.

With these kinds of principles backing our products, we don't strive to turn out five million machines a year or produce them in Asia for pennies on the dollar for the massive profit margin. We are still building right here in the USA, and are not selling out. WE want to offer the best product we can at the most reasonable price for that product. This takes time. It always has. Please stay with us and be patient, it's coming.

Nathan Jaeger

Nathan Jaeger
Chief of Operations
Tesoro Electronics

Ya I did read that from 4 months ago. It really answered nothing. Like I said, as far as full disclosure, AllCav would be giving us answers.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. The upcoming season is fast approaching. This is the premium time for new release info?
DiggerinVA, the Cortez is a fine machine. A few years back, I slapped an 18"x15" sef coil on mine. Supreme depth. As for a comparison to an ATP, is difficult. I initially purchased an ATP mainly cause it's waterproof. I was quite pleased to realize its way more than waterproof. Each are used differently. Cortez w large coil in fields, and ATP in local streams/rain. Sorry to be so vague.
Peace ✌

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, it only took eight years to put a man on the moon with 1960's technology. so for those of you waiting for the cazador to come out. hopefully, it should be less time than that. haha. im happy with my tried and tested vaquero and not to much worried about it. but, i do understand the frustration.

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I gave up waiting for the
"New Big Release" Im going with the AT Gold

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't be wasting money on any other manufactures detector. I will wait on the new Tesoro and hope it is more than one frequency and really water proof and not this 10 foot toy trash.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like what you say Sandman. Although, I would be just fine with 10' waterproof Tesoro. I don't have need for more. You hit nail on head wanting more than one frequency. This will sound nuts, but I hope it costs more than $1000. A cool 1k would build one heckuva machine at Tesoro!
Peace ✌

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
90% of detectorists dont go in water over their heads....10 feet beats the pants off of nothing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread