Tesoro Sand Shark - technical specs

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We disagree Carl. We both know Whites and First Texas would - and do - protect their dealers and distributor's territories overseas. This whole thread was a smash and bash job from beginning to end with the usual suspects showing up.

who is "we?" the only one in disagreement seems to be you. who are the usual suspects? gee, seems to be you once again. again if someone questions anything that is not praise. you are one of the usual that get all upset. like it is something personal. seems it was a question you could not answer. so instead of trying to help out because "you know it all" you throw a hissy fit. say the thread is a hatch job, a bash job. you are the one that started in with the bashing session. are you for real. would expect more from a big charter member. you seem like the guy on the other forum that was told. tesoro could leave a turd on your porch and you would find a reason to justify it. if you cannot stand to read anything negative, simply do not read it. dont start in "bashing" others because they do not see it as you do...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
who is "we?" the only one in disagreement seems to be you. who are the usual suspects? gee, seems to be you once again. again if someone questions anything that is not praise. you are one of the usual that get all upset. like it is something personal. seems it was a question you could not answer. so instead of trying to help out because "you know it all" you throw a hissy fit. say the thread is a hatch job, a bash job. you are the one that started in with the bashing session. are you for real. would expect more from a big charter member. you seem like the guy on the other forum that was told. tesoro could leave a turd on your porch and you would find a reason to justify it. if you cannot stand to read anything negative, simply do not read it. dont start in "bashing" others because they do not see it as you do...

OK newbie, you just keep drinking the kool-aid. That's way cool with me. :occasion14:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hmmm.... what kool aid? I really thought this was conjecture, but Terry really believes someone would go to all this trouble to devise this 'scheme'. Maybe the North Koreans are behind it!

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy comes here asking for help, and is branded a heretic and troublemaker. Sorry algeus, I sure hope you got what you needed, instead of a good verbal beat-down.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy comes here asking for help, and is branded a heretic and troublemaker. Sorry algeus, I sure hope you got what you needed, instead of a good verbal beat-down.

I could not have said it better Carl.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

thank you, i agree totally. hopefully who runs this forum will see it the same way and let him know. that was embarrassing for us and uncalled for. charter member or not. no need for it what so ever.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just stating FACTS. I have seen this many times before. The OP has not denied that he bought the machine through a third party. We have NO way of knowing whether he is just upset that his bid to save money cost him a hold up in customs, so he is upset with Tesoro, or whether Tesoro explained it to him and that just upset him more. This isn't my first rodeo. Bashers gonna bash. The story makes no sense - period. EVERYBODY knows Tesoro customer service is TOPS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

algeus

Aug 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl,
Thank you very much for the information. I had to idea UL is not relevant here:).
More than that, I must admit I've never paid any attention to all this FCC/CE/UL/etc. stuff when reading going through manuals. Just to find out now the compliance information is not something to be taken for granted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

algeus

Aug 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sure Carl, I'm not offended by Terry's attitude, however a bit surprised to find out there are real fanatics in our hobby too. I'm used to see this dogmatism when talking to communists or very religious people,devoted party members and football fans,but never saw someone so religiously loyal to a vendor:).

OP
OP
A

algeus

Aug 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just stating FACTS. I have seen this many times before. The OP has not denied that he bought the machine through a third party. We have NO way of knowing whether he is just upset that his bid to save money cost him a hold up in customs, so he is upset with Tesoro, or whether Tesoro explained it to him and that just upset him more. This isn't my first rodeo. Bashers gonna bash. The story makes no sense - period. EVERYBODY knows Tesoro customer service is TOPS.

OK,so this goes like that :

1. I was proposed by Tesoro to purchase the detector from several resellers close to my region,after finding out I can not buy Tesoro from USA(approached two USA resellers). So Tesoro are trying to protect their regional resellers, and I understand that.
Some of them(the reseller from Germany you can find on Tesoro site) look like out of business,and some just didn't answer me.The ONLY one to answer was a reseller from Italy, that didn't have an option to SHIP the detector to Israel on their site :
Spese di consegna Metal Detector Point

I was suggested to make the order and transfer the payment to their bank account - not something I would like to do,as I prefer to work with Paypal or VISA. Also it was stated by the reseller that :
"We don't know Israelian Customs regulation"
So,after checking all the options I decided to purchase the detector from a Canadian reseller,that shipped the detector to my relative. The price was pretty much the same as with Italian reseller.

My only mistake,and I admit it, was an assumption the FCC/CE information/some product brochures for Tesoro are available on-line or could be easily obtained via the support. This was a wrong assumption and I've learned my lesson for the future for sure. Am I upset? Yes,I'm upset with the fact my new toy is stuck in the Customs. And I'm upset with the fact I didn't get any information regarding the FCC/CE certs from support rep. or from Rusty. And I'm upset Rusty didn't answer my mails after saying he could try and check with the company's owner regarding the certs.

And I'm NOT saying the Tesoro service is a bad one. I'm saying it was bad in this particular case.

Last edited:

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK,so this goes like that :

1. I was proposed by Tesoro to purchase the detector from several resellers close to my region,after finding out I can not buy Tesoro from USA(approached two USA resellers). So Tesoro are trying to protect their regional resellers, and I understand that.
Some of them(the reseller from Germany you can find on Tesoro site) look like out of business,and some just didn't answer me.The ONLY one to answer was a reseller from Italy, that didn't have an option to SHIP the detector to Israel on their site :
Spese di consegna Metal Detector Point

I was suggested to make the order and transfer the payment to their bank account - not something I would like to do,as I prefer to work with Paypal or VISA. Also it was stated by the reseller that :
"We don't know Israelian Customs regulation"
So,after checking all the options I decided to purchase the detector from a Canadian reseller,that shipped the detector to my relative. The price was pretty much the same as with Italian reseller.

My only mistake,and I admit it, was an assumption the FCC/CE information/some product brochures for Tesoro are available on-line or could be easily obtained via the support. This was a wrong assumption and I've learned my lesson for the future for sure. Am I upset? Yes,I'm upset with the fact my new toy is stuck in the Customs. And I'm upset with the fact I didn't get any information regarding the FCC/CE certs from support rep. or from Rusty. And I'm upset Rusty didn't answer my mails after saying he could try and check with the company's owner regarding the certs.

And I'm NOT saying the Tesoro service is a bad one. I'm saying it was bad in this particular case.

it is obvious that terry just does not get it. another one of those who think tesoro can do no wrong. stop wasting time trying to make him understand because he never will. thinks he is one hundred right all the time. there is just no reasoning with a person like that. well, good luck and hope you enjoy the sandshark.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...I decided to purchase the detector from a Canadian reseller,that shipped the detector to my relative..

So I was correct. Again, this has NOTHING to do with Tesoro. You gamed the system, your government intercepted something sent to you by a private citizen - possibly illegal in your country, and in hindsight you SAY you tried to get help getting the item through customs with help from the manufacturer. The Tesoro haters and competitors took the bait and ran with it as they always do.

I don't care when folks don't like Tesoro and state their OPINIONS, but if you are going to make stuff up or stretch the truth I'll be on you like a duck on a junebug.

OP
OP
A

algeus

Aug 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was correct. Again, this has NOTHING to do with Tesoro. You gamed the system, your government intercepted something sent to you by a private citizen - possibly illegal in your country, and in hindsight you SAY you tried to get help getting the item through customs with help from the manufacturer. The Tesoro haters and competitors took the bait and ran with it as they always do.

I don't care when folks don't like Tesoro and state their OPINIONS, but if you are going to make stuff up or stretch the truth I'll be on you like a duck on a junebug.

You are a funny person:). No,really. Look how desperately you are looking for something to justify a bad service...Again, you are writing nonsense.

a.I didn't "game" any system. I just purchased a product, and asked the vendor to provide me something very basic(as I can see it). More than this, I made a lot of efforts to purchase the product from an authorized dealer.
b."your government intercepted something sent to you by a private citizen - possibly illegal in your country".
My government "intercepting" almost everything that radiates.Now you know it. I will say it again - I did here NOTHING illegal. Last time you invented some laws against metal detectors import.Now you came out with something new - possibly illegal import of metal detector "from a private citizen". So,the one that is "making stuff up" here is you.

Anyway, I really don't see a point to discuss this further. This time Tesoro service was a bad one, and I really hope that in my future interaction with this company I will find more adequate attitude.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure Carl, I'm not offended by Terry's attitude, however a bit surprised to find out there are real fanatics in our hobby too. I'm used to see this dogmatism when talking to communists or very religious people,devoted party members and football fans,but never saw someone so religiously loyal to a vendor:).
You think Terry is devoted .. You should hear the Garrett guy .. And most of the Minelab people they are like fanatics over a chunk of metal that finds metal..and to ones like that there is no discussion just fighting .. It could be called…..Metal Detector Rage….. And at times the way some talk i think it could come to fist fights if they were face to face..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK newbie, you just keep drinking the kool-aid. That's way cool with me. :occasion14:

Terry, please do not attack members because they are new here, makes no difference if he just joined, has 30 posts or 3000 posts.

" All members are equal, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, education, or experience. Never take a superior tone with, or "talk down" to, anyone."

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nobody is being "attacked" here but me TH, and I am way over it by now. Calling someone a "newbie" is not a personal attack, just a statement of fact.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody is being "attacked" here but me TH, and I am way over it by now. Calling someone a "newbie" is not a personal attack, just a statement of fact.
Telling a new member " newbie keep drinking the cool-aid" was used as an attack and you were talking down to new member. Please follow the rules ...

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread