im looking for someone to helo me with all the Golden Umax settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was your statement. You said you have not owned a golden!
so how could you try what Was on the video?

please don't be a troll.

I am referring to ALL Michael's videos, but specifically the videos of the Vaquero. My VAQUERO did not perform anywhere near as well as the VAQUERO did in Silver's vids. The point I was making is: you can't trust that detectors will be as good for you as they are in someone's video. Learn a bit about notching & disc before making the troll statement. I'm trying to help you. If you think notching & disc are the best way to go, you really don't have much experiencce detecting & should appreciate the advice. No offense meant, just trying to share some experience! Oh & the Golden was probably the best Tesoro IMO (without owning one). They lost the software code or something and were unable to recover it, hence stopping production.

Last edited:

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used
USING-Tesoro DeLeon, Vaquero, Compadre

OWNED-Bounty Hunter Platinum, Whites Classic II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am referring to ALL Michael's videos, but specifically the videos of the Vaquero. My VAQUERO did not perform anywhere near as well as the VAQUERO did in Silver's vids. The point I was making is: you can't trust that detectors will be as good for you as they are in someone's video. Learn a bit about notching & disc before making the troll statement. I'm trying to help you. If you think notching & disc are the best way to go, you really don't have much experiencce detecting & should appreciate the advice. No offense meant, just trying to share some experience!

Well you have made your point.
now let someone that knows about the golden umax respond. We all know your feeling on it. You keep slamming the notch disc down our throats. Yes I know if you disc it hurts masking, etc.we got that already. But what you fail to see or acknowledge is in the LAST VIDEO he discriminated NOTHING out. All he did was change the tones to different materials.
That in itself would be a great feature for coin and ring hunters. And I have not seen another metal detector do that the way the golden does! I think this is the perfect park, school etc coin ring shooter. And I personally want to get one. But like Backstrap80, I'd like to hear from people who have one and have knowledge of this certain detector. As far as the video goes, I'd believe what I saw better then someone that doesn't have one tell me, the videos of other detectors the guy made didn't ring true to mine. There seem to be people that talk the talk but don't walk the walk! I think silver53'S videos are great And educational!! Why don't you make a video showing how different yours is from silver53'S and let us judge you!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you have made your point.
now let someone that knows about the golden umax respond. We all know your feeling on it. You keep slamming the notch disc down our throats. Yes I know if you disc it hurts masking, etc.we got that already. But what you fail to see or acknowledge is in the LAST VIDEO he discriminated NOTHING out. All he did was change the tones to different materials.
That in itself would be a great feature for coin and ring hunters. And I have not seen another metal detector do that the way the golden does! I think this is the perfect park, school etc coin ring shooter. And I personally want to get one. But like Backstrap80, I'd like to hear from people who have one and have knowledge of this certain detector. As far as the video goes, I'd believe what I saw better then someone that doesn't have one tell me, the videos of other detectors the guy made didn't ring true to mine. There seem to be people that talk the talk but don't walk the walk! I think silver53'S videos are great And educational!! Why don't you make a video showing how different yours is from silver53'S and let us judge you!

Dude! Did you know that gold is in the same range as small bits of lead & foil, all the way into the zinc range (even higher depending on size)? If you set notch width so it sounds like iron & you can disregard foil pieces, you are definitely gonna miss gold jewelry! Well you can do it your way, all the veterans are wrong. Thanks for the insight. I am busy running a business 6 days a week and detecting when I have time. I certainly don't have time to post up 'challenge' videos. Silver has great videos, that teach alot. As far as actual field hunting conditons, YMMV. I am fairly new only detecting 5 years, but I have put in approx 1000 hours on my machines, so I try to pass along things I have learned from my particular experience. Give it time you will discover exactly what I mean. Peace

Last edited:

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so stubborn headed you are missing the point of the video. Nothing was notched out or discriminated.
by moving the notch width it only changed the tones. It did not notch anything out Because the discriminaton was on min. You need to watch the last video a few times until it sinks into your head and you get that a a Ahhh moment. That's probably why his other videos didn't work like you thought. You did listen to him (53silver) good enough....

I'm done arguing pointlessly with you.... ;-)

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so stubborn headed you are missing the point of the video. Nothing was notched out or discriminated.
by moving the notch width it only changed the tones. It did not notch anything out Because the discriminaton was on min. You need to watch the last video a few times until it sinks into your head and you get that a a Ahhh moment. That's probably why his other videos didn't work like you thought. You did listen to him (53silver) good enough....

I'm done arguing pointlessly with you.... ;-)

Haha. I said NOTCH WIDTH. Exactly what silver said in the video! Maybe you need to watch again & pay more attention. You think that adjusting NOTCH WIDTH so foil or pulltabs sound like iron will help ID gold? If you want to dig gold jewelry, you HAVE to dig pulltabs or foil. The best jewelry hunters are successful BECAUSE they dig all the tab/foil/nickel signals that others dismiss as trash! If you pass up a pulltab or foil because it SOUNDS like iron, you may actually be leaving gold jewelry in the ground (because you think it's a pulltab or foil). Is any of this sinking in at all?? It should only take a google search to confirm how to best detect gold jewelry. Sheesh...

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup again you missed the point.
He adjusted the tones so under nickel sounds like iron correct you are! But guess what else fell in that iron sound range? Gold yes the gold rings he had that should have sounded like iron too right??? Wrong. They had a totally unique sounds. Like a duck or goose makes. Big signal to dig!!
Is this a fail safe never dig junk miss no gold method? Not at all! And I never said it was. But this is a unique feature that could make your hunts faster and more productive.

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup again you missed the point.
He adjusted the tones so under nickel sounds like iron correct you are! But guess what else fell in that iron sound range? Gold yes the gold rings he had that should have sounded like iron too right??? Wrong. They had a totally unique sounds. Like a duck or goose makes. Big signal to dig!!
Is this a fail safe never dig junk miss no gold method? Not at all! And I never said it was. But this is a unique feature that could make your hunts faster and more productive.

So it's just a gimmick, or a feature that would only work in clean sites without closely adjacent targets? Hmmm...JUST LIKE if one were to use disc & notching. Faster maybe, more productive, no. Unless you like missing gold crosses, DIFFERENT sized rings, earrings, broaches, bracelets, etc...Oddly shaped items (not round like coins) will register differently than perfectly round items. ID is based on average size, (coin size) shape, (round) conductivity (to some extent) and placement.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodnack, I just re-read the OP. What type pull tab from the 70's was made of steel?

Last edited:

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodnack, I just re-read the OP. What type pull tab from the 70's was made of steel?

Not quite sure what you mean?

Was it a pull tab you saw in the video???

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it's just a gimmick, or a feature that would only work in clean sites without closely adjacent targets? Hmmm...JUST LIKE if one were to use disc & notching. Faster maybe, more productive, no. Unless you like missing gold crosses, DIFFERENT sized rings, earrings, broaches, bracelets, etc...Oddly shaped items (not round like coins) will register differently than perfectly round items. ID is based on average size, (coin size) shape, (round) conductivity (to some extent) and placement.

Gimmick LOL.
Thats like saying 99 tones on the minelab 705 is a gimmick.
Call it what you want. Say what you want. I still haven't seen another detector do this.

Again i'm only going by what I am seeing in the video as I do not have this detector, nor do you.

As far as the sound on a gold cross, chain, earring, etc, I have no idea what those would sound like on his settings. Would it sound like the goose or duck sound or would it sound like the low iron sound? I have no idea again as I don't own this detector. And neither do you. So you can say what you want. But until someone with this detector chimes in and gives there opinion, neither of us will know for sure how the tones react to different things in that spectrum.

Please someone with this detector chime in and give us your personal opinion on this detector.
I really would like to hear more about it ( from someone who has one ) before I take a jump and get one.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gimmick LOL.
Thats like saying 99 tones on the minelab 705 is a gimmick.
Call it what you want. Say what you want. I still haven't seen another detector do this.

Again i'm only going by what I am seeing in the video as I do not have this detector, nor do you.

As far as the sound on a gold cross, chain, earring, etc, I have no idea what those would sound like on his settings. Would it sound like the goose or duck sound or would it sound like the low iron sound? I have no idea again as I don't own this detector. And neither do you. So you can say what you want. But until someone with this detector chimes in and gives there opinion, neither of us will know for sure how the tones react to different things in that spectrum.

Please someone with this detector chime in and give us your personal opinion on this detector.
I really would like to hear more about it ( from someone who has one ) before I take a jump and get one.

I notice nobody is chiming in! On any machine disc is a convenience, (some may say a gimmick) that will help you avoid trash. Problem is, its not perfect. I use ZERO disc on my X-Terra, cause I know I am more likely to miss good stuff that rings in like bad stuff. It's very simple. I know one thing: in the super trashy sites (10-12 targets per swing) I usually hunt in, I could take about 10 minutes of the "duck quack" & I would be stabbing my Lesche into my brain. The 705 DOES NOT have 99 tones, one can choose 1,2,3,4 or 28 tones. 99 is simply the number that means you are you using the max tones available for your X-terra (305, 505, or 705.) The 305 has 12 tones, (I believe) the 505 has 19 tones, 705 has 28 tones. Obviously you need to do a bit more research on detectors. The X-Terra will smoke a Golden! Not to mention the ability to change frequencies for specialized hunting of different conductors (I know, maybe a lot for you to understand) like gold, silver, etc...

Last edited:

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I notice nobody is chiming in! On any machine disc is a convenience, (some may say a gimmick) that will help you avoid trash. Problem is, its not perfect. I use ZERO disc on my X-Terra, cause I know I am more likely to miss good stuff that rings in like bad stuff. It's very simple. I know one thing: in the super trashy sites (10-12 targets per swing) I usually hunt in, I could take about 10 minutes of the "duck quack" & I would be stabbing my Lesche into my brain. The 705 DOES NOT have 99 tones, can choose 1,2,3,4 or 28 tones. 99 is simply the number that means you are you using the max tones available for your X-terra (305, 505, or 705.) The 305 has 12 tones, (I believe) the 505 has 19 tones, 705 has 28 tones. Obviously you need to do a bit more research on detectors. The X-Terra will smoke a Golden! Not to mention the ability to change frequencies for specialized hunting of different conductors (I know, maybe a lot for you to understand) like gold, silver, etc...

Don't get your panties all bunched up. I used the 99 tones as a metaphor.:laughing7:

Also you would only hear the duck goose sound if you found gold from the video I saw. I don't think anyone would get sick of hearing that sound. Its not like the park is loaded with gold rings.
Again just goes to show you how smart you are, buy saying the x-terra would smoke the golden when you know nothing about the golden. You are just on a war path against anything about it, is all I can see.

Everybody knows 99% of the time it is the person running the detector NOT the detector itself that finds or determines whats good to dig.

I can see the golden is not a detector for you. And thats great! Everybody has there favorites. But why bash it when you know nothing about it?

And yes I know all about frequencies and what metals like which frequencies better!
Will your minelab change frequencies on the fly?? NOPE
Can you flick a switch to change it? NOPE
YOU HAVE TO SWAP OUT COILS TO CHANGE THE FREQUENCY ON THE X-TERRA. Whoop tee doo! Im a coin shooter so Id be sticking to what works for me the best. If I wanted a deep gold prospecting machine Id buy just that. There is no one all end all detector.

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get your panties all bunched up. I used the 99 tones as a metaphor.:laughing7:

Also you would only hear the duck goose sound if you found gold from the video I saw. I don't think anyone would get sick of hearing that sound. Its not like the park is loaded with gold rings.
Again just goes to show you how smart you are, buy saying the x-terra would smoke the golden when you know nothing about the golden. You are just on a war path against anything about it, is all I can see.

Everybody knows 99% of the time it is the person running the detector NOT the detector itself that finds or determines whats good to dig.

Tell that to the guys who are pulling many silvers out after dumping their Vaquero & buying Minelabs (or other brands)! I took my $215 F2 to a school & pulled over 50 coins after I had 'hunted it out' with my $446 Vaquero. This told me that it is NOT 99% user. If it were just the user & not the detector they would not make $160 Compadres as well as $3000 CTX3030s. There would be no need since they all work the same, right? If that makes some people feel better about their machine, then thats cool. There are so many great options. Im just sayin, look around for a better machine that maybe is still in production, before you buy something you may later regret.

Last edited:

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell that to the guys who are pulling many silvers out after dumping their Vaquero & buying Minelabs (or other brands)! I took my $215 F2 to a school & pulled over 50 coins after I had 'hunted it out' with my $446 Vaquero. This told me that it is NOT 99% user. If it were just the user & not the detector they would not make $160 Compadres as well as $3000 CTX3030s. There would be no need since they all work the same, right? If that makes some people feel better about their machine, then thats cool. There are so many great options. Im just sayin, look around for a better machine that maybe is still in production, before you buy something you may later regret.

Is there a reason your hanging in the tesoro forums???

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a reason your hanging in the tesoro forums???

Well, I keep hoping this Cazador will come out, I REALLY like the Compadre, so I try to see what's up. If you like buying & reselling detectors, don't take anybody's advice. Been there, done that & learned a lesson. That is why I dont trust those videos. Vaq hits 13" on a quarter? Never got anywhere near that with mine. Good luck!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the Golden can tell the difference between a pull tab and a gold ring, i'll buy one tomorrow and pay top dollar! No machine made can do that...thats why it took me about 2,000 pull tabs to find 3 gold rings.

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the Golden can tell the difference between a pull tab and a gold ring, i'll buy one tomorrow and pay top dollar! No machine made can do that...thats why it took me about 2,000 pull tabs to find 3 gold rings.

I'm not sure. the video did not have a pull tab in it. Would be neat to see if you could make the sound of a pull tab different. We all know how close it is to a nickel. So im sure there will always be a problem with pull tabs. But he did change the tones for junk and the gold that fell right in the middle of the junk. Which in my opinion is a pretty cool feature!

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow Digger, 2000? That's a helluva lot of work, but not bad! I know of guys who dug 2000 before finding the first gold ring.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bad thing is most of the tabs i dug at parks and other public areas.....but two of the three rings were found at homesites....lol
All the rings i find at parks are silver....guess i need to dig more tabs ;-)

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bad thing is most of the tabs i dug at parks and other public areas.....but two of the three rings were found at homesites....lol
All the rings i find at parks are silver....guess i need to dig more tabs ;-)

And my buddy goes out & finds a $180 gold ring with with BH Elite on his fourth or fifth hunt. Go figure! Luck is always such a huge part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread