im looking for someone to helo me with all the Golden Umax settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
It does work that way on the tones, like I said though it takes MANY hours to learn the tones and train your ear to discern the difference. It compares to the use of vdi numbers and icons on today's detectors only by sound. You still dig some trash and you might miss some gold, but mine did work as the video shows. It's not some magical detector but it was good tech. Try it woodknack I think you will like it from what you have said, just put in the time to learn those tone breaks, clips, strong bleats etc. If I wasn't a techie fan, and didn't have my V3i and DFXs, I'd find a umax or toltec to hunt with

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Just curious, if you remove the notch feature from the golden umax, which Tesoro detector would it be closest to!
Can't help you with the notch feature because I never use it.

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used
USING-Tesoro DeLeon, Vaquero, Compadre

OWNED-Bounty Hunter Platinum, Whites Classic II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, if you remove the notch feature from the golden umax, which Tesoro detector would it be closest to!
Can't help you with the notch feature because I never use it.

Don't know why you would want to remove this. It's what makes this detector different. Tesoro makes many different models.each one unique in its own way.

Not sure. are you talking about the notch width dial or the switch for wide and narrow?

From what I am seeing with the discrimination set to min and the notch switch set in the middle (meaning doing nothing). Then the notch width DIAL will only change the sounds Which is cool.
So you not discriminating anything out. your just changing the tone. And you can set that tone to where you want it. I can see this being confusing. and there are not many videos at all on this. and I can see people owning this detector and not really knowing about this function because it doesn't tell you about this in the manual.
Picture it like a rainbow one side going from the ground to an arc back to the ground. Say nickel would be in the top middle of the arch. where the left and right side meet in the middle (left side being low sound right side being high) the two different sounds combine to make a totally unique sound. this can be adjusted anywhere along that arch as far as I can tell to assign that unique sound to what ever you want. Very cool feature to those that understand it and know how to make it work for the type of hunting they are going to do.

Last edited:

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what makes this different from other Tesoros. Multi tone and you can change the tone Sound by using the notch width dial.

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without notch feature...it is a Silver Umax with threshold knob....

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh...and multi tones...which is unique for a Tesoro but standard for most other brands. I feel this is why the machine was discontinued. Most Tesoro users prefer single tone machines such as the Vaquero or Cibola. That puts the Golden in a class with few followers.

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope your wrong again. Because it has multi tones unlike the silver.

it is different. You can twist it anyway you like. And for people that don't understand the way this functions and how to get the most out of this detector, they are better off with something less challenging. like a one tone compadre beep and dig machine.or a silver umax.

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That puts the Golden in a class with few followers.
You maybe right there. But not everyone wants just one tone. And your right it does put the golden in a class of its own. I thinks it should be called the golden class......

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without notch feature...it is a Silver Umax with threshold knob....

Its the notch width feature that sets this apart from the others!

You would say a silver umax is a compadre with a sensitivity knob? Right? Nope again 2 different machines.
Or a ace 350 is the same as an at pro with just some added features?!
Each detector is different. Like there users.

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the notch width feature that sets this apart from the others!

You would say a silver umax is a compadre with a sensitivity knob? Right? Nope again 2 different machines.
Or a ace 350 is the same as an at pro with just some added features?!
Each detector is different. Like there users.

Get a bit more experience before you assume that you know more than the veterans that have responded. Fletch also told you what's up (he DID own a Golden) & he has bought, tested and sold more detectors than anyone I know short of a dealer. He would be a good person to listen to. We all understand how the Golden works. It does not negate the fact that if you ignore foil or pulltabs, you will miss gold. Regardless of notch width. You are fighting a losing battle my friend. Nothing about the Golden, or my X-Terra or Digger's AT Pro will change the way people have been hunting for decades to find gold jewelry. In one respect all detectors ARE the same: If you REALLY want to find gold jewelry (and not MISS any) you must dig foil and aluminum trash.

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a bit more experience before you assume that you know more than the veterans that have responded. Fletch also told you what's up (he DID own a Golden) & he has bought, tested and sold more detectors than anyone I know short of a dealer. He would be a good person to listen to. We all understand how the Golden works. It does not negate the fact that if you ignore foil or pulltabs, you will miss gold. Regardless of notch width. You are fighting a losing battle my friend. Nothing about the Golden, or my X-Terra or Digger's AT Pro will change the way people have been hunting for decades to find gold jewelry. In one respect all detectors ARE the same: If you REALLY want to find gold jewelry (and not MISS any) you must dig foil and aluminum trash.

I knew it wouldn't be long before the troll showed back up. Just waited for one of his friends to take the first swing so he could jump right out from behind his back and splat out nothing again.

I can't help it if you guys are stuck in the box. Not smart enough to think outside of the box. And totally missing the whole concept of the picture. But hey your veterans. So of course you know it all..

Last edited:

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh by the way I probably had a metal detector in my hands when mommy was still whipping your butt. I'm not a noobie to this hobby. I ran a whites years ago..

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh by the way I probably had a metal detector in my hands when mommy was still whipping your butt. I'm not a noobie to this hobby. I ran a whites years ago..

If you are not a newbie, why would you make such mis-informed statements, that refute what the majority of detectorists know? You do not sound very experienced, if you really believe that you can dig gold rings & avoid foil or pulltabs. Not sure how old you are but I highly doubt you were swinging over 47 years ago. If that is the case you have learned very little in all those years. Why just join the forums now if you are such a veteran? I haven't seen your name on any forums other than this. Oh, and you are asking for advice on something when you obviously know more than everyone else here. Even trooper qualified his statement, and said it takes many, many hours to learn the nuances of the tones that make him successful (sometimes) at ID'ing pulltabs. Just go buy the obsolete Golden & tell us about all the gold rings you find. That will show us!

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are not a newbie, why would you make such mis-informed statements, that refute what the majority of detectorists know? You do not sound very experienced, if you really believe that you can dig gold rings & avoid foil or pulltabs. Not sure how old you are but I highly doubt you were swinging over 47 years ago. If that is the case you have learned very little in all those years. Why just join the forums now if you are such a veteran? I haven't seen your name on any forums other than this. Oh, and you are asking for advice on something when you obviously know more than everyone else here. Even trooper qualified his statement, and said it takes many, many hours to learn the nuances of the tones that make him successful (sometimes) at ID'ing pulltabs. Just go buy the obsolete Golden & tell us about all the gold rings you find. That will show us!

Well again. I never said it would just pull gold rings up and nothing else did i?! By all means quote me then!
when I was swinging a detector I wasn't on the Internet. oh so I must be totally stupid to join this forum and ask a question about a detector? I am a stupid fool to be arguing with you!

This thread is all yours. Have away at it. Tell everyone one here how you know it all. I'm sure there would love to listen. Me I've heard enough of your none sense to know why I shouldnt be on any forum listen to someone like you. so troll away.....

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well again. I never said it would just pull gold rings up and nothing else did i?! By all means quote me then!
when I was swinging a detector I wasn't on the Internet. oh so I must be totally stupid to join this forum and ask a question about a detector? I am a stupid fool to be arguing with you!

This thread is all yours. Have away at it. Tell everyone one here how you know it all. I'm sure there would love to listen. Me I've heard enough of your none sense to know why I shouldnt be on any forum listen to someone like you. so troll away.....
Why not just accept advice when someone is TRYING to help you. If you would like some info, just accept it instead of acting like you & (53silver) are the only ones who understand the intricacies of the Golden Umax. Even owners said that the Golden was not all that. If someone disagrees, maybe it is for a reason that could be helpful. I am very sorry if you were somehow offended by anything, I originally intended to help, as I would have saved a good wad of cash if someone had offered me some good, honest advice before I made a bad purchase. Once again I apologize...& hope you find what you are looking for.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked... Woodknack please read our rules, calling a member a troll violates our rules as do all insults....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread