Golden Umax and smaller coils? Or any non stock results?

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking all over for a Golden Imax with a smaller coil such as the 5" the compadre uses and didn't find anything.
The reason I'm looking for a smaller coil is simply for Tot lot use. I have other machines and wanted the golden as a "specialty " I tried it yesterday with the stock coil in a tot lot and got super depth over my Xterra 705 but couldn't get within 3' of poles. Has anyone found a way to harness the beast and put the power down and NOT sideways? I will be trying it in soil today.
I'd appreciate any info as I'm new to this machine. Thanks.
PS, it looks like we May be starting a Golden Umax Data base.

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used
USING-Tesoro DeLeon, Vaquero, Compadre

OWNED-Bounty Hunter Platinum, Whites Classic II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking all over for a Golden Imax with a smaller coil such as the 5" the compadre uses and didn't find anything.
The reason I'm looking for a smaller coil is simply for Tot lot use. I have other machines and wanted the golden as a "specialty " I tried it yesterday with the stock coil in a tot lot and got super depth over my Xterra 705 but couldn't get within 3' of poles. Has anyone found a way to harness the beast and put the power down and NOT sideways? I will be trying it in soil today.
I'd appreciate any info as I'm new to this machine. Thanks.
PS, it looks like we May be starting a Golden Umax Data base.

I guess you can try turning down your sensitivity.?

OP
OP
B

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want the depth as my daily duty machine gets close with 5" depth but the Umax is much deeper, Id like to find a way to focus the field down, rather than all over. Coils are only $80 ill buy one, now its which one, widescan or concentric..

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a very nice Golden with the box on ebay for $395 buy it now. Then you would have to buy a smaller coil. But looks like a good deal to me. Probably gonna get hard to find that nice before long.

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used
USING-Tesoro DeLeon, Vaquero, Compadre

OWNED-Bounty Hunter Platinum, Whites Classic II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He already has a golden. He is just looking for a coil for it.

I don't think that price on ebay is all that great! Hard to come by or not. I'd buy a used cortes before I spent that kind of money on that ebay golden umax. Plus if it were such a great deal it would have been sold long time ago.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just going by other machines....the Vaqueros usually bring around $350 or so...and they are $455 new. So a Golden should bring around the same. Not a steal I know....but if I wanted one I would pay a little more for a really nice one.

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to have a Troy shadow coil on my golden. Not the deepest but quite sufficient for totlots.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want the depth as my daily duty machine gets close with 5" depth but the Umax is much deeper, Id like to find a way to focus the field down, rather than all over. Coils are only $80 ill buy one, now its which one, widescan or concentric..

Do you know how much mineralization is in your area? If the ground is very hot, I would go with the widescan. It made a huge difference on my Vaquero in the gold bearing areas where the stock coil was having fits. The 5.75 DD got the same depth (or better) as the stock coil.

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre and Garrett ACE 250/Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a very nice Golden with the box on ebay for $395 buy it now. Then you would have to buy a smaller coil. But looks like a good deal to me. Probably gonna get hard to find that nice before long.

Its gone. Bought it couple days ago should get it on Monday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread