Fake A&$ Sand Shark!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you report it? You can report counterfeits..

Last edited:

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seen it before, to me looks like tesoro should be able to take legal action.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I saw that the other day too and thought to myself that it sounded like some kind of scam. Always prowling ebay for metal detectors and have managed to latch onto a few used keepers there without shelling out too much. Cheers!!

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used
USING-Tesoro DeLeon, Vaquero, Compadre

OWNED-Bounty Hunter Platinum, Whites Classic II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No No No guys your all wrong.....
This is Tesoro's new 2015 model.......:laughing7:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have reported many fakes It doesn't do any good. Its almost like eBay gets tired of hearing from you. I think they want the fakes because they generate almighty $$

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
These are the same scammers hawking fake Minelabs @ alibaba.com

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This isn't a case of counterfeiting, as the product clearly isn't a counterfeit (exact replicant). It's a case of trademark infringement. Ironically, if Tesoro chooses not act on the infringement, they will lose their trademark right to "Sand Shark". That may already be the case, as the Chinese Sand Shark has been sold for quite a while.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I thought. I've seen this one for sale several years on eBay

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw it and emailed the seller asking why they were allowed to falsely advertise this machine as a Tesoro. She emailed right back, said she had accidentally put up the wrong picture and was pulling the ad. I dint necessarily believe her because top of ad said made by Treasure Hunter and body said made by Tesoro.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw it and emailed the seller asking why they were allowed to falsely advertise this machine as a Tesoro. She emailed right back, said she had accidentally put up the wrong picture and was pulling the ad. I dint necessarily believe her because top of ad said made by Treasure Hunter and body said made by Tesoro.

You go girl! Awesome to see someone who really cares get results.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG Susan!!

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You should note that they never said it was a Tesoro that they were selling. They did make some direct statements about a Tesoro detector, though. They were careful not to say it was a Tesoro they were selling. Tricky!
Jim

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you look closely at this detector you will see that it is not a PI and is a 2.4khz VLF. It is sold under various name brands and I tried one of these several years ago and all I can say is don't touch them. The detector will work in quiet ground but is not good over salt or black sand. In the dry beach sand and neutral dirt you may find coins to 6 inches....If you are lucky.
I did tell tesoro about it but I guess they are not willing to take any action.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread