Tejon Battery Compartment Issues?

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
I have read a couple of places that there is a problem with the battery compartment, that it's made cheap or flimsy or whatever. What are people talking about? I have never handled a Tejon, only looked at pictures, but want to get one. Could someone post a picture or explain what people are talking about? Are these compartments really an issue?

Thanks,

Ian

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
I've owned 2 different tesoro model's over the last 4 yrs.Have never had a problem of any kind with them,at all.....Hope this helps rh

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Saggy,

I've had three Tejons on and off since they came out and I never had trouble keeping them closed.

They aren't the best design, but they worked for me.

Burt

OP
OP
S

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
thanks, i suppose with that lifetime warranty it shouldn't be a problem anyway even if they do wear out. I'm excited about getting my tejon, I've got a lot of places that I want to go over again.

ian

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
SaginawIan said:
I have read a couple of places that there is a problem with the battery compartment, that it's made cheap or flimsy or whatever. What are people talking about? I have never handled a Tejon, only looked at pictures, but want to get one. Could someone post a picture or explain what people are talking about? Are these compartments really an issue?

Thanks,

Ian

I have no idea what they're talking about when they say Tesoro's battery holder is bad. I used the DeLeon with alkalines and was constantly opening those doors and shutting them. Never had any trouble what-so-ever.

Now my Tejon has the same battery holder and it's also great. I love the design of the battery holders and everything else about the Tejon.

The Tejon is just about perfect in every way.

Don't believe those reviews that say it's super noisy and chatters, etc. While in maximum sensitivity you will get a little background noise, it's so minor it makes no difference. Targets come in solid and clear. I didn't buy the Tejon until now because I believed all those reviews that said it had terrible chatter and wasn't the best for trashy sites....it's all bunk. I think many of those reviews are really done by competitors and dealers wanting to sell coils.

The Tejon ground balances easy (the easiest I've ever seen) and it must be properly balanced or else it will get a little noisy. Hunt until it starts getting a little too noisy, ground balance it again and it will smooth right out. The ground balance is the whole thing with this machine.

I recall one review done in the U.K. where the dealer said the Tejon was so noisy he was ready to set it aside until he put on a different coil. LOL! The guy was trying to get people to buy the Tejon plus spend another $$$ and buy that special coil. BUNK! The best coil for the Tejon is the one that comes with it.

The Tejon is the very best detector I've ever owned for relics, coins, and jewelry at any site. I've never ever owned a detector that was as good as the Tejon for hunting super trashy sites and all the other types.

I've been very much devoted to Nautilus but after using the Tejon my Nautilus was pushed aside.

You'll be finding stuff you never dreamed was buried at your old sites.

Badger

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm new to the Tejon. I have an XLT and a XS but since buying the Tejon, it is all that I use. It is a very fun detector to swing and that is what it is all about. Light weight and powerful.
Mike

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
brnn53 said:
I'm new to the Tejon. I have an XLT and a XS but since buying the Tejon, it is all that I use. It is a very fun detector to swing and that is what it is all about. Light weight and powerful.
Mike

Yes, the Tejon is what I've been looking for for years.

Badger

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I think that possibly what they are referring to is that if the battery pack isn't firmly seated, that it can press against the door and pop it open. Myself, I've never had any problem with them popping open on the DeLeon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread