Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had listened to Sandman sooner! And thanks to RW for your advice also. The Cleansweep coil is the ticket for wide open spaces searching for modern clad and jewelry. I actually found several nickels and quarters at a solid 5-6 inches that were nice and loud. I don't usually separate clad but it was over 50 coins, lots of pultabs, and misc junk dug in about 2 hours. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429392474.921296.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429392488.320543.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429392595.513463.jpg

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Course you had an advantage too in using a Tesoro & Clean Sweep coil.:occasion14:

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting coil, so I guess your saying you like it? How does it swing? Is it easy to pin-point with? And whats the averange depth? This coil just might come in handy! I suppose its a DD coil with a very narrow field?

OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hobojo, it swings very well and is feather lite. It always looked like it would be cumbersome to use, but once you get the angle set right, it swings very well. It is a 3" wide DD coil that separates better than I expected. I only had a few times where there were multiple coins in same spot where I had to rotate around to get an idea of where to start digging.
I found pinpointing to be easy after a few dozen targets. I just use the wiggle back, then wiggle up method and the target is right under the heal of the coil. I was also using the Pistol probe pp which can reach targets as deep as the CSC can. I dug a couple of nickels at 4-5" and a couple of quarters slightly deeper. It's pretty much going to stay on the Silver as a park/ sports field setup and maybe where I want to scout a spot out to see what lies in the first 4". I highly recommend trying one!

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im liking your review. Here in So Cal most of our parks and fields are new and the coins just aren't that deep. Getting the most coverage area is key to cleaning up and I think I see a Clean Sweep coil in my future too.

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got my cleansweep coil years ago, just after I bought the Cortes, it is really heavy, and I finished up attaching a bungie cord to the end of the shaft. made it a lot easier. I guess the newer ones are a lot lighter. I also have the pistol probe, and am surprised how deep it detects targets. I now also have the Sand Shark and an ironclad Viking digger. Only thing I am waiting on now is the scoop.

OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The newer ones must be a lot lighter because I cannot stand to use a harness or bungy setup so usually do not like big coils. This CS feels about like 2 of the stock coils maybe. I even ran it with lower rod extended out a little further than I normally run it with smaller coil and it didn't ever seem heavy.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting looking coil there, so does this coil work on the Cortes then ? Hmm looks like Mike uses one on his, first I've heard of this coil . Is it a after-market coil or a made by Tesoro one?

OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it works on all Epsilon machines and is made by Tesoro. They used to make one for the Delta machines (Cibola, Vaq, Tejon, etc) but I believe they quit making them.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good way to use the Clean Sweep coil is in very trashy areas or brush county is to poke it straight forward between plant stems to see what's there. Nobody can search areas like this with an ordinary coil.:thumbsup:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put a CleanSweep 3"x18" coil on my Cortez a few years ago. The large sef butterfly coils would be a better option.
Obviously, the CleanSweep covers alot of ground, but so does a large sef coil. With great depth.
On average expect 3-5" depth with a CleanSweep. 7-14" with an 18" butterfly.
I would not purchase a CleanSweep.
Just my thoughts.
GL
Peace ✌

OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had big SEF's and WOT coils. Yes, they are ok on a straight shaft Sovereign or rear mounted Excal for beach hunting. But they are way to heavy for an S shaft machine like a Tesoro and I'm not looking for 12" deep silver or relics. The absolute worst balanced setup I tried was the Etrac with a 15" WOT. Before you say get a harness or bungy, I despise wearing one, it makes me FEEL cloister phobic and confined (that may be because I wear a fairly heavy data collector all day at my work.) ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429873358.280027.jpg

Last edited:

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides its a Tesoro coil and purcahsing one will help towards THEIR goal of staying in business. Thats what we ALL want RIGHT? Could you imagine how hard it would be to get warranty work on our Tesoro's if the doors closed?

OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done my part having purchased very model except the Compadre, Deleon, Cortes and Lobo. And several models more than one after selling the first one.

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Can anyone tell me the weight of the new cleansweep coil ? as the one I got is pretty heavy.

dirtscraper22

Apr 27, 2015
phila, pa
Detector(s) used
garrets, fisher, whites, compass,tesoro.bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
toltec 100

HI everyone!

I have a question!

I have a old Tesoro Teltec 100

Does any one know, if the WIDE SCAN coil

would work my on my 100???

THANKS! HAPPY HUNTING!

DIRTSCRAPER!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure. I looked at the Toltec manual online but it does not give the coil specs (epsilon/delta). Is the Toltec coil connector a 4 pin or 5 pin?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure. I looked at the Toltec manual online but it does not give the coil specs (epsilon/delta). Is the Toltec coil connector a 4 pin or 5 pin?

Just because the pins match on the plug doesn't mean it'll work. Call Tesoro.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had big SEF's and WOT coils. Yes, they are ok on a straight shaft Sovereign or rear mounted Excal for beach hunting. But they are way to heavy for an S shaft machine like a Tesoro and I'm not looking for 12" deep silver or relics. The absolute worst balanced setup I tried was the Etrac with a 15" WOT. Before you say get a harness or bungy, I despise wearing one, it makes me FEEL cloister phobic and confined (that may be because I wear a fairly heavy data collector all day at my work.) View attachment 1151382
I am with you there i will not wear a harness or bungy..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread