Any Cortes users out there

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the first generation Cortes when first came out and had blast with it .Why because it light weight machine it great disc and manual ground balance and using notch narrow or wide and sum mod spot on.I use it for relic hunting I put on a 7 widescan coil on the cortes in heavily wooded area and works great!

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi John, I also have been using a Cortes, but over here, the only thing that the notch filter knocks out is $1 coin. Needless to say, I don't use it. Apart from that, a good reliable detector that has more than paid for itself. I have the 3x18 coil, and it sure covers a lot more ground, but the one I have is quite heavy, so I had to use a bungy cord to make it easier. I believe the newer 3x18 coils are a lot lighter. My newest purchase is a Sand Shark. Have yet to try it out.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Cortes and the Deleon. Have retrieved many coins and some jewelry with both. I'd prefer the display on the Cortes to be a bit bigger, but all in all I've been happy with both machines. Most of the areas I hunt are mild so the preset DeLeon works just fine.
luvsdux

OP
OP
john glassman

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Cortes and the Deleon. Have retrieved many coins and some jewelry with both. I'd prefer the display on the Cortes to be a bit bigger, but all in all I've been happy with both machines. Most of the areas I hunt are mild so the preset DeLeon works just fine.
luvsdux
Thank you for reply about cortes . I used tesoro machines since 1980 and the cortes extremely deep machine and id simple and no scrolling like other brands

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread