SAND SHARK PROBLEM

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I put my new Sand Shark together with the control box on the main shaft, but it seemed a bit heavy, so I put it at the back, under the arm. It's much better, BUT cant get the door opened to put batteries in without removing the arm band holder ! Could chest mount it, but not too fussed on that. Any ideas? Also, the coil cover is able to fall off by itself, if you squeeze the cover and coil together from the front, the back pops down, do it from the back, the front pops down. Never seen one so wonky. The cover on my Stingray has never come off, really close fit. Don't know what happened with this one. Would not use it in water, wouldn't last five minutes.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have mine mounted the same way. It's very easy just to push the release buttons on the sides of the control box versus taking of the cuff. I would suggest dissembling the entire unit after every saltwater use anyway, just to rinse it with fresh water. If not your looking for trouble in the long run.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just drop the front 2 spring clips to let the knob end drop down the faceplate will come off.

OP
OP
M

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks heaps for that guys, a lot easier than taking the armrest off every time I want to put the batteries in or take em out.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok you have the faceplate solved.:thumbsup: Loose coil cover is designed to be somewhat loose for easy removal for cleaning out the black sand. Duct tape it on coil.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a very thin piece of tissue or cotton cloth between the coil and the cover, then trim off the extra. I had a loose coil cover on another detector and this little trick worked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions