Action

Oct 6, 2011
Valley Springs, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,
I have a first Tesoro Bandido. Must be like late 80's. Just wondering if it is totally out dated? or is it still ok? I want a new Lobo but still have to save a bit. Can the Bandido be used on gold with some success ? I am just getting interested in detecting again so am pulling out the old Bandido. Really want to search for gold but a dedicated gold detector will have to wait for now.
Thanks for any help.
Jack

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original Bandido is one of the better old Tesoro detectors that many people still prefer for treasure hunting.
Not a dedicated gold nugget hunting detector but an excellent coin and gold jewelry detector.
You could sell it pretty fast depending upon condition $125-200. A Bandido II not umax, just went for $200 on ebay. And past owners of the orig. Bandido and Bandido II still prefer the orig.
You could sell it and it would get you closer to a dedicated gold machine.

OP
OP
A

Action

Oct 6, 2011
Valley Springs, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks,
I have had it sense new so I think I will keep it and keep saving.
Thanks
Jack

randyalbin

Sep 24, 2007
Flat Rock, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's 5900 CB,XL Pro,IDX Pro,MX5,Tesoro's Bandido,INCA,OutLaw,Tiger Shark,Toltec ll,Toltec 100,Troy Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey action, just put that Bandido in all metal and tune the ground balance to a neutral setting. This would be the way to hunt for gold specimens. The Bandido should handle almost any ground mineral because it has a ten turn ground balance adjustment, when the all -metal Threshold drifts just retune with the all-metal switch toggled upwards momentarily.

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you have the white box bandio if running good you can use it nugget hunting and check tesoro manuals or lost treasure for a field test . Ps if want get rid dont or not pm me 200.00

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to have a late-80's Bandido, and like a supreme idiot, I sold it. Wish I still had it. That Bandido made some amazing finds for sure. As far as being outdated? No way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions