Vaquero depth problems :(

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just went up to the bed and tried this in all metal mode. Pretty neat and spot on in all metal mode. Results showed that if you listen to the negative breaks it pulls in the 11 inch dime. Will break over the dime. Which is good. Running the other way it will not hit. But running this way in disc mode will not provide the threshold to go by. Or am I missing something. From what I'm seeing is the only way to hit deep coins (real deep) is run slightly negative. Proper ground balance turns it into AT Pro depth. Running negative will hit deeper than my Fors Core with the big coil. And the Core is surprisingly deep.
What interests me is why. I have not been able to mimic these results with any other current detector I have so far. Either too unstable or just doesn't work. Fors Core, Fisher F19, Garrett at pro.
I do know running negative throws disc off some. Everything reads higher is what Im seeing. Along with pinpointing deep. It makes the target grow.
Only thing I can come up with is it's letting more info through per say. Still doesn't chatter bad in the hot soil part either nor in the rusty nails surrounding coins.

No you are not missing something. There is no threshold hum in disc, only AM mode. AM is the deepest mode. When the threshold nulls, there IS a target there. However there is no information when using AM mode. You should not have to run the machine unbalanced (negative GB) to get the desired depth.

scannerguy1968

Jun 4, 2015
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Many
Current
Tesoro Vaquero
Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No you are not missing something. There is no threshold hum in disc, only AM mode. AM is the deepest mode. When the threshold nulls, there IS a target there. However there is no information when using AM mode. You should not have to run the machine unbalanced (negative GB) to get the desired depth.

Problem is what is desired depth. Proper balance gives a 7 inch machine where I'm at. Maybe someone might go further if lucky or perfect conditions. For the person that tries this on a known deep target they will see what happens. But the question is still there. Why and why not work on other brands

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I still had my Vaquero so I could try it. My 2 whites have auto GB so I cannot set neg to test.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread