DD Coil for silver uMax

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Tesoro coils are calibrated for each of they're models it is best to only use Tesoro coils.

kaolinwasher

Greenie
Jun 21, 2014
Isainti county Minnesota
Detector(s) used
currently own a Euro saber, silver micromax with ground balance mode, & a updated mirage P.I custom built by sven
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would stay with Tesoro coils i got an off brand and found out the connector was no good , I have never had that problem with tesoro plus they have that new 11x8 DD i also liked the 7" widscan DD one word of about improving the silver is if you can get a ground balance on it i did this and can see a improvement in performance and depth the silver is a fantastic machine

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gunnar who did the ground balance mod for you? I have a Tesoro Compadre with a 8 inch coil on the way and it should be delivered in few days. The ground that I hunt here locally is pretty mild and consistent, so once I get the ground balance pot set, there is hardly any need to change it. The sensitivity setting is another story. It needs changing constantly to get the best depth and to keep EMI (electrical magnetic interference) under control.

This is one of the sites that I hunt. Maybe the clouds are causing the EMI.:laughing7:

First%20House%20002_zpskuy8fh3y.jpg

First%20House%20004_zpshrqx6n88.jpg

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I strongly recomend going to the Tesoro web site and watching the clips on the new 8X11 DD coils. They look really good to me.
luvsdux

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new coil sure looks like a good coil. I'm tempted to try the Sharpshooter that Sven is selling on my Bandido and Silver microMAX

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the new 11x8 WS coil on my Vaquero for a week now and i LOVE IT! Made a machine i liked a machine i love! Get one!!!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Digger - can you give us few specifics? I'm seriously tempted to get one.
Thanx
luvsdux

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comparing it to the stock 9x8 concentric coil.....it is a little deeper in average ground, havent had it in nasty stuff yet. Coverage is great as expected for its size. Weight is very close to stock coil. Seperates close targets very, very good for as larger coil. Nice clean tones on everything i have had it over worth digging. Very sensitive to the tiny stuff when cranked up. my favorite feature of this coil is that when swinging it with disc set at a certain spot and you just get the outer loop of the coil over the target, it will sound off....not a great sound but enough you will check it out. I have already found several keepers this way....both at the beach last week and in my field. This is the best coil Tesoro offers....

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also....the only real thing that I can pick this coil for is that it does like bottlecaps a little more than the stock coil. I cant wait to try this baby out at one of my civil war camp sites. The only other coil I see a person needing would be a small sniper coil for the extremely trashy areas. Tesoro is also offering this coil on the Tejon, Vaquero and Cibola from the factory.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the new coil. I hit a very small thin 14k ring thE other da[ that i was shocked the new coil got it. It wad on end and about 4inches deep. Hats off to tesoro on the new coil. In m7 tests its about an inch deeper in my soil her in colorado over the stock coil. ATTACH=CONFIG]1189820[/ATTACH]day 1437435267581.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread