why not Tesoro?

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
was looking on the face book pages of Whites, Garrett, Minelab. they are active with post multiple times each week. why can't Tesoro do this? when people ask what would be a good detector to buy on the FB groups, i always say a Tesoro. so, if they go to their page and it has not been updated for well over a year. what are they going to think? seems odd that they do neglect this. how much effort does it take to update a facebook page? makes me wonder how much effort is going into a newly designed detector. it is free advertising. does this make sense?

Last edited:

TrapperD

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2015
Moore co, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah, I know what you me mean! I love my compare! Can't wait to upgrade to a cibola or outlaw. I'm looking for buried treasure in Nc, LoL How's it going?

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't feel bad. No response from Tesoro anywhere recently. Especially about their "new" machine.
I'm actually starting to wonder if the recent "hype" has stopped release of Tesoro's new machine?
Even the Outlaw, imho, was a regenerated old machine.
I will pay big bucks for a new, Fully digital, wireless, Tesoro.
Tesoro's silence is surely hurting business.
Peace ✌

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Almost all American Tesoro sales are word-of-mouth, cult driven by longtime users whose machines have paid for themselves in priceless memories and often enough, real buried treasure and gold.

OP
OP
J

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't feel bad. No response from Tesoro anywhere recently. Especially about their "new" machine.
I'm actually starting to wonder if the recent "hype" has stopped release of Tesoro's new machine?
Even the Outlaw, imho, was a regenerated old machine.
I will pay big bucks for a new, Fully digital, wireless, Tesoro.
Tesoro's silence is surely hurting business.
Peace ✌
well, some are all excited about the "new coil" and think it will be or one of the coils that come with it and it is wired. so if thats the case, wireless is out. i think they just made a coil that looks like the better looking aftermarket ones. you know, the reinventing the wheel thing. i personally don't care what it looks like. i would buy a tesoro coil over the aftermarket ones anyhow. all this waiting for this new unit, and they put out a coil. where is the rest of it? haha. the other companies are putting out new units. they have active facebook pages and are in the groups, active on their brand forums. last i heard from tesoro was Nathan's drunkin sounding rant post on the other forum. just seems it does more harm than good for them. word of mouth only goes so far today. new customers like to see a company with a little heartbeat anyhow.

scott.f

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If their new machine ever does come out I sincerely hope they will have cam locks that last more than one season, rod pins that line up and rods that don't wobble right out of the box. Also, an option to pay less for one without a lifetime warranty. My last two repairs have been deemed to be caused by abuse. Which is quite frankly absolute ...well, nevermind I won't swear online. Although I sure did when I saw the repair bill PLUS a seperate bill of $50 for diagnosis. Lifetime warranty is useless if they keep using this excuse to get out of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread