Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my Tiger. Its a great machine, but there's one thing that I would love to change about it, and that is the headphones/volume situation.

Now, I am not deaf by any means, but when I am diving with my Tiger Shark, the volume seems a bit low to me - especially if I am wearing my wetsuit hood or neoprene beanie. Following the instructions in the owners manual, I have it turned up all the way, and I have to hold my breath to hear anything, let alone whispers or little pips for stuff that's way deep. This is doable, but I am wondering if there is a way to install better headphone - with volume control - or send back to Tesoro for possible retuning? I dont need it blasting my ears off, but you would think that being an underwater detector that I could get some better sound from it.

Do any of you very talented and wise individuals have any sage advice on this? Thanks!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most claim the volume is to loud when from the factory and they have to adjust it lower. Wearing headphones while diving the sound is lower if you wear a hood. I cut ear holes in hood for better transfer of sound, but I had to wear a unmodified hood in colder water. Call Tesoro for more info if it can be amped beyond max.

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Sandman.