Garrett AT Pro
Pro Pointer AT
Tesoro Golden µMax
Tesoro Cutlass II
Gray Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Predator Tools Model 35 Raven Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for a little hep with Tesoro detectors, bought years ago and never put in the time to learn the ins and outs. I have the following: Tesoro Golden µMax and the Tesoro Cutlass II. Bought the Golden uMax for my father 7 years ago and never really figured out all the workings of the Golden uMax. Is there a video or books out there to help with this detector. I have signed up for a Civil War Relic hunt in December and would like to be proficient with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many videos on YouTube on how to setup the Golden. 53 Silver has a couple of good ones.
Does the hunt happen to be in Virginia? I'm planning on going to one then also, but the Golden is a fixed ground balance machine and will not run well in mineralized ground.

Last edited:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here you go:

Mike does a great job explaining how the Golden µMax works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are a couple of videos that I did. The first one is with my high tone Golden and the other one was my older audio tone Golden.

tabman

OP
OP
ArcherUSA

ArcherUSA

Tenderfoot
Jun 18, 2015
Pinson, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gear
XP Deus 2
Mine Lab GPX4800
Garrett AT Pro
Pro Pointer AT
Tesoro Golden µMax
Tesoro Cutlass II
Gray Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Predator Tools Model 35 Raven Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the responses, Yes Fletch88 it is in Virginia in early December. I have been reading about the Golden and have come across several articles about not running well in mineralized ground. Thank you tabman for posting the videos, they will help me a lot to enjoy the Golden even more. Now just need to pick up a good relic detector that can handle the soil in Virginia which they said could be highly mineralized soil.:icon_thumright:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hunted 2 different types of soil in this area. One was the highly conductive red soil that a VLF just will not cut through hardly at all especially one without GB. The other was blackjack soil which my MXT ran pretty smooth in. I thought about using it until a guy that carpooled with me buried a 3 ringer about 2 inches deep and his properly GB CTX 3030 would not make a peep and my MXT on said "hot rock" and sounded like crap. IMO a PI with GB is the only way to hunt around there. A TDI SL can be bought
with plenty of transferable warranty left for around $7-800. Big box TDI's can also be had for just a little more $$$ and punch a little deeper than the SL, but they are a little heavier.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread