Tesoro Tejon - Out For Another Test Run

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought that I would give the Tejon some swing time today, rather than my ole standby, my modded Cibola. I got a late start and didn't get to the first site until a little after 7:15.

I decided to hunt under some trees because of the dew was thick at other places. I've hit this first site hard many times before and was happy to still be able to find a 1963 Rosie Dime.

The ground was a little too hard to dig, so after about an hour I decided to go another site. I've hunted the site once before and did pretty good. The site is really old, because the curbs along the street are the old limestone laid curbs.

I set the Tejon up with just enough discrimination to discriminate out a iron nail and the sensitivity was set high as it could go without getting any chatter, which was about halfway into the red.

Most of the coins that I was digging were deep and were giving a clicking and popping audio response. I could tell it wasn't iron because the clicking and popping was a little smoother. The deepest coin was deeper than my ProPointer was long, of things turned out to be a frigging Memorial Penny.

I finally got my coil over a 1950 Rosie Dime. It gave a very faint audio response. I think I'm going to go back to that site Saturday with the Tejon again, but this time with the 5.75 inch concentric coil attached and see what happens. I just know that there are some really good finds still at that site. Maybe the smaller coil can unmask them. We'll see!

tabman

Tejon%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20003_zpst12kphym.jpg
Tejon%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20004_zpscgoyo7pl.jpg

Tejon%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20007_zpsypxrt6bd.jpg
Tejon%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20008_zpsrppctkdy.jpg

Tejon%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20001_zpsnohkbknq.jpg

Tejon%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20010_zps7pdxk4au.jpg

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 silvers is a great day! Going to try another old park tonight and see what happens. May get back to TN next weekend to tie up some loose ends...

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2 silvers is a great day! Going to try another old park tonight and see what happens. May get back to TN next weekend to tie up some loose ends...

Bring your detector. We can hit some of those shady areas of town while you're here. There's still silver left at that old corner lot that hit a few days ago.

tabman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep posting your Tejon finds! I hope to take mine out today to my trusty over worked park. We'll just have to see how the wife feels about it! :boxing:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep posting your Tejon finds! I hope to take mine out today to my trusty over worked park. We'll just have to see how the wife feels about it! :boxing:

It may be awhile before I post anymore pictures of finds until we get some good soaking rain. Today I wore myself out trying to get my digger down though some rock hard soil. Luckily not all the areas where I hunt has clay soil. When the clay is wet it's as soft as butter, but when it's dry it's as hard as a rock. I noticed that Madison, MS has a large lake nearby. Have you hunting any of the swim beaches?

tabman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
It's called the Ross Barnett Reservoir and as far as I know, there are no swimming beaches. I live on the back side of it and have hunted a few public boat launches. The problem is that it was man made in approx 1965.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh btw, I am VERY familiar with the rock like hard clay!

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is the ground balance stable on your Tejon ?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is the ground balance stable on your Tejon ?

If you're talking about the threshold hum, no. It's not smooth running like my Cibola or Vaquero. It's more like a high performance dragster pulling up the starting line. Once you flip over from all metal to the discriminate mode, it runs pretty smooth.

If you're about the ground balance being stable without the ground conditions changing, yes it's stable.

tabman

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bent my pick ax tip here in p'cola yesterday.
Shovel and leeshe spade is useless the ground is like concrete.
Getting rain the next two days finally.
Help digging and improveimprove depth of the machine.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Delete, double post,oops!

Last edited:
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bent my pick ax tip here in p'cola yesterday.
Shovel and leeshe spade is useless the ground is like concrete.
Getting rain the next two days finally.
Help digging and improve depth of the machine.

I'm grinning from ear to ear. We're getting one of those long soaking rains. It looks like it's going to keep it up for the few days.

tabman

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks to be pulling out today. That should make for better digging through out the State. Planning on hitting it in the AM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread