just got my first detector and pro pointer

iaddrummer

Aug 12, 2015
robinson illinois
Detector(s) used
bh 202 and just bought an original tesoro eldorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well got my first detector it came in the mail today with my garret pro pointer at. i got a sweet deal on a used tesoro eldorado metal box version not the new version and 3 coils and bag for $145 shipped to my house. I played with it for about 10 minutes before i had to call it quits found a pop tab in the front yard. i am so excited to get her dialed in and start figuring it out. any tips and tricks would be appreciated. I dont know weather i should master the 8" donut first or bust out the 11" wide scan any thoughts?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Depends on where you plan to hunt. If it's a trashy park you may want to try the 8" coil and the larger coil in the field or clean areas to cover more area.
Congratulations on your new detector and welcome to TNet!
Best of luck out there!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations, you got started out on the right foot by getting a Tesoro. Throw out a bunch of different targets on the ground and swing your search over each of them to get a feel of how the detectors works. Try different settings. Make yourself a test bed with targets at different depths. You can learn a lot from reading about what others say, but you can learn even more by doing and seeing firsthand yourself. Once you figure out how discrimination affects target masking, you got it licked. One other thing, location, location, location is the key success.

Good Luck!

tabman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard and congratz on your detector! I would start with the 8" coil. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread