Brief Session with Golden Micromax

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
I occasionally use my new tone Golden Micromax even though I have a fancy metered machine from another manufacturer. The local park I went to is dry and too hard to dig, but the bark chip area was OK. I found a quarter and a penny, and a ring. A toy ring unfortunately but for a second there I thought I had struck gold. If Tesoro offers new machines with new capabilities, then I'll consider trading in the Golden towards one of those new detectors. Till then, it's a keeper.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Golden µMax is a coin and gold ring finding hound. I've used it to find gold rings in areas that were infested with the old style beaver tail pull tabs. Most of the rings were small because the larger rings notch out where the pull tabs do. But I've found enough smaller gold rings with the Golden to pay for it.

It's a keeper and is really fun to use.

tabman

Berryman

May 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabman. Will Tesoro's new RSD 8x11 coil work on the Golden?

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tabman. Will Tesoro's new RSD 8x11 coil work on the Golden?

Yes, but the Golden may have to be sent back in to be re calibrated to the new coil. I tried the new coil on mine and it didn't work properly.

tabman

Berryman

May 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's unfortunate. The prospect of having to spend another $50 or so to get a Tesoro coil to work with a Tesoro detector will provably act as a disincentive to many who might want to own one of these new coils.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's unfortunate. The prospect of having to spend another $50 or so to get a Tesoro coil to work with a Tesoro detector will provably act as a disincentive to many who might want to own one of these new coils.

The new search works great with any Tesoro detector that has a ground balance and may work OK on some that don't. It has nothing to do the new search coil, it has always been that way when switching out search coils on any detector that doesn't have a ground balance.

The 8 inch search coil that's on my super hot Golden µMax came off of my Silver µMax. Both detectors worked just fine with the search coils that they came with, but when I swapped search coils both detector worked even better. I got lucky.

If I wanted the new search coil on my Golden, I'd call Rusty and purchase one from him and see if he would take it over to Tesoro for me. I'd then send the control box to Tesoro without any search coil and pay Tesoro $50 to tune the new search coil that Rusty gave them to my Golden µMax. I'd have a hot and ready to swing detector. I don't need to do that because I already have a hot detector.

I just recently spent hundreds of dollars including a extended warranty to upgrade (fix) my F75LTD that I spent nearly $800 dollars to purchase. It was very EMI unstable when I purchased it and I paid to get it fixed even though it was still under warranty. They were sharp to call it a 'upgrade' rather than a 'fix'. So spending $50 dollars to get a search coil tuned to a detector to make sure it is working at its very best isn't such a big deal when you stop to think about it.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread