Tesoro Cortes Videos..

Rene G

Nov 22, 2007
Waynesville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Cortes, Explorer II, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was looking for information on the Cortes before buying it, I did not find really good information about the detector. I decided to buy it and I'm glad I did. I love it. I haven't had it long but am getting as much time as I can on it. Many of the Videos I found on You Tube were in a foreign language. They look like good videos but not useful to me so I've decided to make some videos myself. As I learn more, the information should get better, but for now I'll do what I can with what I've learned.

Here are two videos that I just posted that contains some info about the Cortes and I plan on making more videos soon. If you have any ideas on what I should put in the videos, please let me know. Thanks.

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super video! Thanks for sharing.

You might want to give this orange duct tape a try. It's easy to tell what is what at a quick glance.

Cortes%20Display%20001_zpsxy9cgbz1.jpg

tabman

Last edited:

gigispop7

Mar 22, 2009
Oklahoma city,Ok
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett AT gold, Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good videos. the first videos i looked at were in russian.

OP
OP
R

Rene G

Nov 22, 2007
Waynesville NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a cool idea. I saw this on the web or in a video somewhere so I've used it on my detector already. If this was your idea, great one! Thanks for the comment.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For what it's worth, I've found that bouncing coin indications that don't lock on to one denomination on the Cortes and the DeLeon are always worth digging as 75 - 80% of the time it will turn out to be a coin spill and on either machine NEVER pass up a "95" reading.
luvsdux

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For some reason you don't hear of many swinging a Cortes...Many don't like the small screen and the id does not seem to break down the numbers well....I have one because it was selling for a deal that I could not pass up. Got to try it one day...May even like it..

OP
OP
R

Rene G

Nov 22, 2007
Waynesville NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find that having the coin number mostly 95 is fine with me because I really don't care if it a dime, quarter etc. I'm going to dig it and know what it is in about one min. I like that other metals are spread out more in the lower numbers cause I can get an idea then what it could b. It's all just more information for me. The display is small but I really don't have a problem with it, I can tell what is on it ok. The only solution for Tesoro would b to use a bigger box jus for a larger display an I like the small control box. But that's just me... LOL I'm loving it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find that having the coin number mostly 95 is fine with me because I really don't care if it a dime, quarter etc. I'm going to dig it and know what it is in about one min. I like that other metals are spread out more in the lower numbers cause I can get an idea then what it could b. It's all just more information for me. The display is small but I really don't have a problem with it, I can tell what is on it ok. The only solution for Tesoro would b to use a bigger box jus for a larger display an I like the small control box. But that's just me... LOL I'm loving it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The '95' ID number could be either be a silver dime, quarter or half dollar. I'm digging.

If someone didn't want to dig silver dimes they look at the bar graph and it will correctly ID a silver dime from a silver quarter.

Like you say, "I really don't care if it a dime, quarter etc".

tabman

OP
OP
R

Rene G

Nov 22, 2007
Waynesville NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right, it does a good at that...