Detecting with the Cortes - Video

Rene G

Nov 22, 2007
Waynesville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Cortes, Explorer II, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a video I made using my new Cortes. I'm still learning it but I must say it's not a steep learning curve. I have a Tesoro Tejon and the Cortes isn't much different from it in the sound signature. Of course, the Cortes provides much more information that helps in making the decision to dig. I plan on making more Crotes videos, if you can think of what you'd like to see, just comment.

I haven't had much luck finding silver or really old coins although I have been to sites that should have had some. I keep looking though...lol

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great video! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

I saw a group of three of those flowers under a pecan tree a week or so ago. I'm still scratching my head.:icon_scratch:

tabman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good video. Brought back memories of my Deleon detector days. A great coin machine.

mudfoot

May 8, 2010
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax, Compadre
Thanks for the video! I've had my Cortes for about 2 months and I still have a lot to learn.

I'm finding that it's helping me learn the usual Tesoro "language" much better. Sometimes I thumb the Disc knob like normal and then equate the sounds with what the ID is showing me.
This should help when I use some of my non-screen Tesoros but for now I'm hooked on this machine.

So far I've only hit parks with it, using the 7 inch wide scan coil that Tom at Tesoro recommended for my mineralized soil.

It is a awesome coin machine and it has found a couple of silver child's rings too.

Looking forward to more of your videos.

mudfoot

OP
OP
R

Rene G

Nov 22, 2007
Waynesville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Cortes, Explorer II, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi mudfoot, I know what u mean " I'm hooked on this machine ". I'm loving mine and I think I've got it figured out. I am using an 8" coil and it works fine in trashy areas as well as general. I've also just found my first silver ring with it. It's been at least 7 yrs since I've found a ring. Way to long lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions