Got out for a few hours

cokat7

Sep 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Haven't been able to get out much the last month or 2, but today was the day. Tried one site which turned out to be a dud, so far at least.
Went back to an old school that has treated me well in the past.
Put the 6" coil on the Cortes and went to it.
Disc between min and iron, sens around 7-10. Dug any solid #'s and anything that gave a consistent high reading. Dug minimal trash today but I did get fooled on one deep rusty nail, a bottlecap and a few other Junkers. Managed a few older pennies a 1954 and 1963 canadian silver dimes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    683.2 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    652.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going on the silver dimes! Any day finding silver is always a great day! Nice pictures.

I always heard that it's best to keep the discrimination between minimum and iron on the Deleon and Cortes to get the best results. Any higher than that will result in nickels and gold rings not hitting as well.

tabman

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on the silver! It looks like you had a good hunt!

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!

OP
OP
C

cokat7

Sep 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice going on the silver dimes! Any day finding silver is always a great day! Nice pictures.

I always heard that it's best to keep the discrimination between minimum and iron on the Deleon and Cortes to get the best results. Any higher than that will result in nickels and gold rings not hitting as well.

tabman

Thanks, and I complety agree with keeping the discrimination no higher than halfway point between min and iron. Seem if I turn it any higher I loose depth at that point, but no more depth loss after that.
I let the meter do the discriminating for me and investigate every signal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread