Nov 21, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Tesoro Outlaw
Tesoro Bandido II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been detecting for at least 20 years on and off. I've owned my Tesoro Bandiido II since around 1996. It's been a good one and I've found a lot of rings, jewelry, coins, etc. over the years. My wife recently started to detect with me, so I picked up an Outlaw that'll be here next week. I plan to teach her on my Bandido and see if she sticks with it. (She likely will since she has always enjoyed hunting fossils and digging in the dirt!)

My Dad got me interested in metal detecting back when I was a kid. He started out in the 60's with an old Army mine detector with those huge packs of lithium batteries. He used to bring home a lot of civil war relics. Still has a bunch of it: cannon balls, mini-balls and other goodies he found. Unfortunately, he now has Alzheimer's and probably doesn't even remember how to turn on his Garrett. He was really good back years ago and used to amaze me at the silver he could pull out with his detector...

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello and look forward to seeing what you folks are finding.

😀😀
Harold

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard Harold. I see that you're from Nashville. I love the scenery up that way. I used to live there many years ago. I went to Maplewood High School.

I like the Outlaw better than I do the Bandido II µMax, but it takes a little time to get used to.

tabman

OP
OP
C

Coinmole

Nov 21, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Tesoro Outlaw
Tesoro Bandido II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks!

Tabman,

Thanks for the welcome! I've looked a lot lately at different Tesoro machines. I've always enjoyed my old Bandido II, so I definitely wanted another Tesoro. I bought the Outlaw used at a decent price so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm still intrigued with the Tejon and Vaquero. So, I'll let you know how I get along with the Outlaw after I get some time with it next week. I'm looking forward to running it over some places I've already hunted.

Take care,

CM

Welcome aboard Harold. I see that you're from Nashville. I love the scenery up that way. I used to live there many years ago. I went to Maplewood High School.

I like the Outlaw better than I do the Bandido II µMax, but it takes a little time to get used to.

tabman

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome my Outlaw brother. Hope you find as many goodies and memories as I have. Its a quarter hound for sure.
HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread