Will Tesoro Release A New Machine in 2016?

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I still bet they release one before anyone else here starts their own company and gives Tesoro something to worry about

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seem that you have to urine many times everyday. See a doctor for pills and you feel better, that is what I did and I feel better and do not have to go that often. That happens when men, like you get older.

:occasion14:

? Wow that was interesting!

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no IDEA! Where did we go SO wrong?:laughing7:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think Tesoro probably thinks a lot about their customers. Used machines get snapped up quickly, and 20-year-old machines are repaired or replaced at the factory all the time. Very few people are still hunting and succeeding with machines they bought 10-15 years ago, well, except Tesoro owners! :skullflag:

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Minelab Explorer SE
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think Tesoro probably thinks a lot about their customers. Used machines get snapped up quickly, and 20-year-old machines are repaired or replaced at the factory all the time. Very few people are still hunting and succeeding with machines they bought 10-15 years ago, well, except Tesoro owners! :skullflag:

I still hunt with my Fischer CZ-7a Pro,(1999, get more silver with it than even the V3i), and there are lots of old White's machines like the DFX,(2001), and MXT out there. Ebay is still getting good bids on the old metered machines like the 6000di, (1995). The Fischer CZ-5's (1993), are getting a good price there as well. So we are probably talking about a good 20+ years. One thing I noticed about Ebay sales of used Tesoro's is that the sellers are advertising a lifetime warranty.
I put the 11x8 coil on the lobo, and with the discrimination cranked up all the way to max works good for coins with the exception of nickles, (didn't find any).

Last edited:

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't had a Tesoro in a long time but, I visit several forums waiting for the long overdue new machine. What I'm reading says that once Rusty retires they will be in worst shape then they already are. Not my words, just what I have read.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
? Wow that was interesting!

Thanks! No more or less so than those here complaining. It's not that hard, if you like Tesoro, buy one, if they aren't satisfying you, there's lots of other options out there. Complaining serves no purpose. Why is it not one single person has answered as to why they don't just start their own company and manufacture their own line of detectors? Seems there's enough experts here who know exactly how it's done. What's stopping you?

right now they have to worry about customers they now have and in the further.

They don't have to, plenty of others seem to be taking-up that task for them. I don't worry about what others do, or don't do.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if Ford is worried that Chevy has on-board Internet in their vehicles. Why isn't Ford keeping up with modern technology? As soon as their head of quality control retires, I'm sure Ford will go belly up.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! No more or less so than those here complaining. It's not that hard, if you like Tesoro, buy one, if they aren't satisfying you, there's lots of other options out there. Complaining serves no purpose. Why is it not one single person has answered as to why they don't just start their own company and manufacture their own line of detectors? Seems there's enough experts here who know exactly how it's done. What's stopping you?

They don't have to, plenty of others seem to be taking-up that task for them. I don't worry about what others do, or don't do.

Ummm...I was referring to the post regarding the 'having to urine several times a day'. That is why I quoted said post. I did not quite understand the relevance.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if Ford is worried that Chevy has on-board Internet in their vehicles. Why isn't Ford keeping up with modern technology? As soon as their head of quality control retires, I'm sure Ford will go belly up.

I think Ford may be in a little better financial shape than Tesoro. They also tend to come out with new models pretty regularly, which keeps customers interested in their products...just sayin'

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Come on Atomic, if you have to start arguing and picking apart a metaphor to defend your opinion, then maybe it's time to just slow your roll, make a right turn, and drive on down the road. :skullflag:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Atomic, if you have to start arguing and picking apart a metaphor to defend your opinion, then maybe it's time to just slow your roll, make a right turn, and drive on down the road. :skullflag:

It was your comparison, and pretty low hanging fuit, lol. Not trying to get anybody's blood pressure up, just having fun here like we all do. I'm gonna make a left turn, go down the road, make a right, then another left eventually I will get there.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like the new Tesoro to be waterproof like the AT Pro, yet I still want it to weigh less than the Tiger Shark. I want the ease of use I'm used to, but more control over gain and discrimination. I want a larger, lighter coil, that paints a deep, wide field. I want to find coins and gold. I want the whole package to cost under $650.00

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Minelab Explorer SE
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you take this stuff way too personal. If someone said to me they don't like the way White's runs their shop, I would say OK. and leave it at that. Tesoro has earned it's criticism by getting peoples hopes up and then disappointing.
I am still shopping for a used Tesoro. Maybe Tejon or Vaquero. Having a lifetime warranty at my age isn't that important, especially when the company Tesoro may die even before I do.
The used ones I see on Ebay I think are priced way too high. There is no warranty even if the machine is 3 months old, So selling for $80 less than new makes no sense to me. Especially when they want to charge $40 for shipping.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread