Will Tesoro Release A New Machine in 2016?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you take this stuff way too personal. If someone said to me they don't like the way White's runs their shop, I would say OK. and leave it at that. Tesoro has earned it's criticism by getting peoples hopes up and then disappointing.
I am still shopping for a used Tesoro. Maybe Tejon or Vaquero. Having a lifetime warranty at my age isn't that important, especially when the company Tesoro may die even before I do.
The used ones I see on Ebay I think are priced way too high. There is no warranty even if the machine is 3 months old, So selling for $80 less than new makes no sense to me. Especially when they want to charge $40 for shipping.

Resale prices are a separate issue, however I agree Tesoro machines do demand high resale prices. I don't take it "personal" DannyB1954, any more than you do. We simply have different opinions. I know people are disappointed that they don't have the "New" Tesoro in their hands, I get that. But opining that "all is lost" at Tesoro, and that they use "old technology," is not based on fact. If it is based on disappointment OK, but if it is simply a senseless attack on people I know, friends who manufacture some of the best machines made in America, I confront it. Wait, does that mean I take it personally? :thumbsup:

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Ummm...I was referring to the post regarding the 'having to urine several times a day'. That is why I quoted said post. I did not quite understand the relevance.

Sorry....I had a senior moment

My question still stands though. It was posted in both these threads, and still hasn't been answered.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it is just some of the small things tesoro could do to make things better. post on their face book page, chime in once in awhile on these forums, keep us updated on things. that is not hard to do. tesoro is not in the same league as sony, ford, or minelab. they are not a global company as nathan said they are. they make detectors and ship some of them to dealers overseas. thats hardly a "global" company. i think they have built themselves up into something they really are not. they are a small business. like i said, the customers are the sole reason they are in and stay in business. it is not up to the customers to stay informed, it is up to them to keep us informed. i believe everyone on here can agree, they have failed miserably at doing that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it is just some of the small things tesoro could do to make things better. post on their face book page, chime in once in awhile on these forums, keep us updated on things. that is not hard to do. tesoro is not in the same league as sony, ford, or minelab. they are not a global company as nathan said they are. they make detectors and ship some of them to dealers overseas. thats hardly a "global" company. i think they have built themselves up into something they really are not. they are a small business. like i said, the customers are the sole reason they are in and stay in business. it is not up to the customers to stay informed, it is up to them to keep us informed. i believe everyone on here can agree, they have failed miserably at doing that.

I agree. I think Tesoro needs a public relations pro to work the forums, phones and emails on the wesite. They should be doing real time, streaming chats. and producing videos!

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like the new Tesoro to be waterproof like the AT Pro, yet I still want it to weigh less than the Tiger Shark. I want the ease of use I'm used to, but more control over gain and discrimination. I want a larger, lighter coil, that paints a deep, wide field. I want to find coins and gold. I want the whole package to cost under $650.00
I thought you were testing a new detector? I guess it wasn't the Cazador.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you were testing a new detector? I guess it wasn't the Cazador.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

I guess you are the only one who fell for that one, lol. He never did state what brand he was testing

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem with Tesoros is :They are doing a pretty good job!!!!!!Tejon well tuned is very deep same is vaquero and Cibola.......The lobo once retuned is a beast and the Scout(Compadre with sens knob) is THE one used by most of the detectorist on the Thames which is one of the most amazing archeological but iron infested spot on earth.....yes they should revamp, yes they should do new models but for what really........i agree the beach part isn't covered but the rest i think is and pretty well.I own anything who work for me so i m not a Fan or Aficionados ,but i think they deserve credit for at least their consistency to do excellent ,performing and ,reliable machine,and cherry on the cake IT IS MADE IN USA.

Now if someone at Tesoro read this can i please get my $1000 credited on my bank account:laughing7:

Have a nice evening

RR

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. I think Tesoro needs a public relations pro to work the forums, phones and emails on the wesite. They should be doing real time, streaming chats. and producing videos!

I agree that Tesoro should have a staff member answers our questions, and info us the latest news on this website. What do member believe is the best Tesoro for both for deep single coins and buried? I have a catalog, and the Cortes is very expense. Is it the answer to my question? How is it compare to Vaquero to locate for single coins and buried treasures? Is the Cortes is easy to learn such as the Vaqueno?

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 50. I was info that a Tesoro staff member that your check is in the mail in time for Christmas.

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry Tesoro, just spent my Xmas money on a different brand. I didn't see much real world difference between how my Lobo performs compared to the Tejon and Vaquero. Equipped with the same coils, they do about the same.

Cal G.

Mar 19, 2003
On the Tejon platform, a better,more efficient battery system , faster retune in the all metal mode( like the pin point and disc mode has),have a two tone and be able to set point break on first disc knob. Do away with disc 2 or ground balance it. A switch for battery check. I'm not interested in screens and depth indicators. Make sure not to sacrifice the excellent disc circuitry. Price 7 bills JMO

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry Tesoro, just spent my Xmas money on a different brand. I didn't see much real world difference between how my Lobo performs compared to the Tejon and Vaquero. Equipped with the same coils, they do about the same.

When I see a post like this, I say to myself, "This person obviously does not have enough experience on these machines to really know what they are typing about."

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the Tejon platform, a better,more efficient battery system , faster retune in the all metal mode( like the pin point and disc mode has),have a two tone and be able to set point break on first disc knob. Do away with disc 2 or ground balance it. A switch for battery check. I'm not interested in screens and depth indicators. Make sure not to sacrifice the excellent disc circuitry. Price 7 bills JMO

Do you really think they are paying attention to these suggestions? It seems obvious they no longer really have an interest in making a machine based on customer input.

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Minelab Explorer SE
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watched the videos by several people notably Scannerguy1968. He used the same test bed for both the Lobo and Vaquero. Under those circumstances, the Lobo came out on top.

From what I gather from people that have had both the Tejon and Vaquero, is the Vaquero comes out preferred. The Tejon is described as kind of high strung. There is probably a legal limit as to how much a hobby detector coil can legally transmit. After that point it is all up to the receiver quality to discern the returning signal. I don't see a large difference in how Tesoro's present models interpret a signal. Having a second discriminator is just a handy bypass to spinning a knob.
Post #55 was not the first to imply I don't know what I am talking about. If you can't win a debate, the least some people can do is try to insult or discredit the other party.
In the end I vote with my wallet. I voted. I have had better luck with my dual frequency machines when it comes to identifying good targets. So that is the route I went again with this latest purchase.
I guess the point of my last post was to state that probably during the busiest shopping season of the year Tesoro is going to lose market share to other machines. People are not going to wait for a purchase. Perhaps Tesoro is so far behind in technology that they can not develop anything that does not infringe on a patent of another company. I ride motorcycles as another hobby. I see a direct correlation between Harley Davidson and Tesoro. There will always be a cult following by the few, and they will vigorously defend their brand. It reflects on their own perception of self worth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a whole-lotta-opinion DannyB, for a man that has never used a Tejon or Vaquero. I have thousands-of-hours on Both. Two very different machines designed for different hunting styles and conditions. I love BBS machines, and I've swung Minelab, Fisher and Whites multi-freqs.

Don't pretend to be uneducated in market share, branding, marketing, and strides in technology. Tesoro will be under a lot of Christmas Trees on Christmas day, not only in America, but in Christian Countries all over the globe.

People do choose with their wallets and purses Danny, that I agree on. I stopped buying all the rest when I realized I had what I needed. :skullflag:

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Minelab Explorer SE
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a whole-lotta-opinion DannyB, for a man that has never used a Tejon or Vaquero. I have thousands-of-hours on Both. Two very different machines designed for different hunting styles and conditions. I love BBS machines, and I've swung Minelab, Fisher and Whites multi-freqs.

Don't pretend to be uneducated in market share, branding, marketing, and strides in technology. Tesoro will be under a lot of Christmas Trees on Christmas day, not only in America, but in Christian Countries all over the globe.

People do choose with their wallets and purses Danny, that I agree on. I stopped buying all the rest when I realized I had what I needed. :skullflag:
Your attitude still shows. I am not pretending to be uneducated about market share. You are so angry that you do not realize what you say.
I posted that I was done waiting for Tesoro to come out with something for this year. You took it upon yourself to give me attitude in post#55.
I explained my reasoning in post #57. Got more of your attitude in post #58.

Metal detectors work by measuring the difference in field strength between the two sets of coils. When there is a difference between the field strength of the two sets of coils it is because there is a conductive item under one of the coil sets. the machine is set to alarm when this happens. The Lobo is very good at this as it was designed to measure very small differences,(nuggets). Using the same coils on both the Lobo and Tejon, I do not see that the Tejon will be more sensitive. If that were true, the Tejon would be the nugget shooter, not the Lobo. In the videos that I presented, the reviewer does not have an axe to grind with either model. The stock Lobo ST passes more tests than the Vaquero. The reviewer says he used a larger coil on the Lobo and it goes very deep as well.
As far as strides in technology, are you referring to making a copy of someones coil? Do tell me about the major advances Tesoro has made in say the last 10 years. On market share, wanna put some hard cash on Tesoro will sell more this season than say Fischer?

My explanation on how a VLF detector works is explained also in http://www.mdhtalk.org/tutorials/coils/md-searchcoils-.pdf

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I have an attitude.

Attachments

• bull.JPG
    bull.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 87

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions