Compadre question

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Okay......my daughters birthday is the end of this month and I would like to get her the Tesoro Compadre for simplicity. I or she does not need any frills for this first real detector. Now that said I need to ask what I could not seem to find on a retailers site......does the unit have the ability to be used with or without a headset? I see a vent like face plate on the Compadre but nothing states it can be used without a headset. I did read it is a 1/4 jack for headphones but nothing eluded to external sound.

Thank you.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, with or without. It has a great speaker!

OP
OP
mtsheron

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, with or without. It has a great speaker!

Thanks Terry. Also, do they include the coil cover when bought new as part of the included accessories from Tesoro?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends on the dealer. I know most Tesoro machines ship with a coil cover, but Rusty Henry included one for my Sand Shark. I would ask.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my vaquero came with the coil cover on it in the box. imagine they all would buying new.

OP
OP
mtsheron

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks folks!

OP
OP
mtsheron

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well here is the route I took.......I bought the Tesoro Compadre with the 5.75" coil for just a tad more lighter unit for my daughter. This is a first detector for her and I needed something simple but yet has great consumer feedback. Her birthday should be set!

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol the eye opening moment will be coming soon ok do believe. You will be shocked and surprised by the amount of good stuff she finds and what the compadre us capable of. Set the disc just where it discriminates out a square nail and let her dig it all and she will find lots of treasure. It has a way of finding all types of jewelry and she will like that.

OP
OP
mtsheron

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lol the eye opening moment will be coming soon ok do believe. You will be shocked and surprised by the amount of good stuff she finds and what the compadre us capable of. Set the disc just where it discriminates out a square nail and let her dig it all and she will find lots of treasure. It has a way of finding all types of jewelry and she will like that.

I hope she likes it! This detector got great reviews and quite honestly, never saw a bad one. I think the simplicity of the machine with one dial is what she needs rather than a machine busy with knobs and buttons! Thanks for the reply.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions