Got started with the Silver Sabre II tonight...

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out in the front yard tonight to get my feet wet with this detector, and dug maybe thirty targets in about an hour. The house I live in now was built in 1978, so I wasn't expecting much but thought I'd try anyway...on the second target I see a stone in a setting! Was excited for a couple minutes but it turned out to be a copper junker...:tongue3:

I noticed right away the trash levels were very low here...Most targets were 1-2" down...there may have been a couple coins at 3", but nothing deeper yet. Pinpointing is super easy, and the Carrot can see the coins at 2 or 3 inches deep by itself, so recovery is quick and easy. Had Disc at 3 and Sens at 9, and then did the audio threshold adjustment....all within maybe 15 seconds.

This machine is very light - although it hails from the early 1990s it might weigh 3 lbs soaking wet and also has the option of a belt-mount control box. The audio threshold tune is a great feature, and at one time I did encounter some EMI that retuning wouldn't fix, but the problem went away fairly quickly by itself :icon_scratch: The Deus had spells like that as well, random EMI "incursions" which seemed to throw off the stability for a minute or two while hunting in urban area, but this is just par for the course - something to live with.

There are a couple of foreclosed houses and house sites not far from here including 2 built more than 100 years ago. I'm hoping to get permission by the end of the week and hopefully turn up something worthwhile! :headbang:

SAM_2281.JPG
SAM_2282.JPG
SAM_2283.JPG

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It didn't take you long to get the hang of using a Tesoro. :thumbsup: It's child's play after using a Deus.

tabman

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maine_Capt

Apr 21, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
XP Deus * 11-in coil
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Tesoro Silver Sabre II Vintage 1990s
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just scanning the posts and noticed you're using a Silver Sabre II.

I've actually had one since it was new.

Found some neat things with it over the years, including my fiance's dainty engagement ring that she lost while we were out for a winter hike. Located that sucker in an easy 10-in of snow.
That machine paid for itself over and over that day :)

Since then, got the itch again and bought the Deus. I'm really enjoying its flexibility. Will be going to Andy's class in NY in June to learn the finer points.

Have a great day.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread