Fisher F75SE-DST Beats Modded Tesoro Cibola Two To One

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just teasing. :laughing7: The Cibola tied with a Indian Head Penny find at the last moment before leaving.

I headed out this morning to a detect the yard of a home that was built in 1951. The site looked good and I was expecting to have a good day. I first pulled out the F75 with the NEL Sharpshooter coil attached. My settings - 9.0, 0 discrimination, 4H tones, DE mode and full sensitivity.

It didn't take long before I started finding wheat pennies. That's always a good sign. Finally, I cornered a couple of Rosie Dimes (1952, 1963). Both times, I was pretty sure that I had silver under the search coil before I even dug.

The F75 was having a little trouble with thin flat pieces of metal about inch square. The stuff was all over the yard and causing the F75 to give high tones and high VDI readings. I could tell that it was not a good target, but it was getting kind of frustrating to listen to so I decided to switch detectors.

I pull out my modded Cibola with the NEL Sharpshooter coil attached. I set the discrimination just a little higher than where a iron nail discriminates out, a very slight hum on the threshold, a little negative on the ground balance and full sensitivity.

I found a few wheat pennies and a junk earring, before I got a audio tone that just stops you in your tracks and says dig me. I was under a very old magnolia tree and the audio tone was rich, loud and smooth. I popped a 14k gold ring. I always get excited when I find gold.

After going over the front yard again I got a soft audio tone and dug down around 7 inches and popped a 1900 Indian Head Penny. It must have gotten lost back when the land was a plantation, before they built the subdivision. You just never know what you're going to find until you dig it.

tabman

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20002_zpshad6sevf.jpg
Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20003_zps2qyutzk0.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20006_zpscgmris7f.jpg
Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20008_zpspoyone35.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20010_zps8bng31oy.jpg
Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20012_zpsdaarkvpw.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20020_zpsklfwwh2g.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20025_zpsvnowd8b5.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20017_zpsfoidbsox.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20016_zps8nttxf6b.jpg

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs Tabman. You certainly clean a site out as your swinging through it.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet hunt - Congrats! :occasion14:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs Tabman. You certainly clean a site out as your swinging through it.

Thanks. The way that figure it, in 55 or so years someone had to lose something good in the yard that I detected today. That's on my mind every time I start to detect a yard. Most grassy areas in the front yards that I detect are only around 60 feet x 30 feet. You got to dig it all to make sure that you don't miss anything. Digging trash targets will unmask good targets. It happens to me a lot.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You killed it once again! Nice going on the gold and silver! And an Indian to boot! I guess you got spared most of the snowstorm...I got out today for the first time in a while...

Last edited:
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You killed it once again! Nice going on the gold and silver! And an Indian to boot! I guess you got spared most of the snowstorm...I got out today for the first time in a while...

Thanks. The few inches of snow only last a day or so. The ground for the most part today was firm but not frozen. I did hit few spots that were frozen hard. We gonna have warm weather all week long. I have several homes lined up to detect. I sure wise you were here.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread