Januarys Silver Coin And Gold Ring Totals

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
January's Silver Coin And Gold Ring Totals

I got in a total of 10 short hunts in January and all produced silver coins and some hunts rewarded me with gold rings. I ended up finding 35 silver coins and 3 14k gold rings. I'm taking a few days off to rest. Dirt fishing for gold rings ain't no easy task, because you have dig a lot of trash. If I left the gold rings alone, I could probably double my silver finds, but that wouldn't be as much fun, because I love finding gold rings! :headbang: Guess which brand detector found the most gold rings?

tabman

Januarys%20Silver%20Finds%20002_zpsxrpmylrk.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20Gold%20and%20Silver%20032_zpswltvhzna.jpg

F75LTD-2%20Gold%20Ring%20015_zps1rnerhdx.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20025_zpsvnowd8b5.jpg

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job tabman! That's the most silver and gold I've seen in a long time.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job tabman! That's the most silver and gold I've seen in a long time.

Thanks. It's one of my better months. It has been really fun!

tabman

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All hail the Tabman. Hey did you ever think about running for president? We can use a winner and someone who knows how to get it done. Great job, cant wait to see how the rest of the year goes.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All hail the Tabman. Hey did you ever think about running for president? We can use a winner and someone who knows how to get it done. Great job, cant wait to see how the rest of the year goes.

Thanks. I doubt I'll beat this month, but you just never know. Speaking of president my next door neighbor's son-in-law, Big John, got Trump's detail. He also got Hillary's detail for 3 weeks. That must have really sucked. He's the secret service agent with his hands on his coat lapels giving the guy the eye. He's a super nice guy. I took him crappie fishing in my boat when he came to visit the in-laws.

tabman

Big%20John_zps6ohcv0dj.png

Last edited:

jimmyzr1

Jun 12, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Ctx-3030, Excalibur sword, XP Deus, 3 Garrett propointers, White's Tdi SL, VX3, 6000 Di Pro SL, Mx sport, Tesoro Tiger shark and more
Wow, I'm lucky if I find 7-10 silvers in a month.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm lucky if I find 7-10 silvers in a year.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! That is just plain out ridiculous! :notworthy:

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Them Crappies are some good eatin, a little on the bony side though.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, I'm lucky if I find 7-10 silvers in a month.

Heck, that's over 100 silver coins a year. That's pretty darn good.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Them Crappies are some good eatin, a little on the bony side though.

A mess of fresh caught crappie sure is tasty. We filet all of ours, but they're more flavorful when cooked whole. So are bream.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gratz Tab! Great month! I need to hunt more old houses. I love my old homesteads and mining areas though. More of a relic hunter I suppose but would take a month like this one anyday. If I had to guess wich detector got the most gold would say a Tesoro.

bigfish313

Nov 11, 2013
El Cerrito CA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and BH SS II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! That is awesome... I was thinking about getting a Cortes. I noticed you don't have one in your collection. Have you used the Cortes and what did you think?
Thanks!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out of curiosity tabman, what type of sites did you do your best in?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out of curiosity tabman, what type of sites did you do your best in?

The sites that I like best are the ones that have lots of silver coins.

Seriously, sites with homes built in the late forties to the early fifties seem to produce the most silver for me. Those were the baby boomer years and times were prosperous. Kids were all out in the yards playing and losing silver coins. Parents were sitting out under the shade trees losing silver coins and gold rings as well. When I see a corner lot that has a old oak tree or a old magnolia tree where part of the yard is on a incline, I get really excited.

For older coins, I like to detect yards of older homes and old parks. For gold and silver rings the sports field are fun to hit.

I like changing things up from time to time. Going to different sites and using different detectors. Now I'm enjoying finding coins from the forties and fifties.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! That is awesome... I was thinking about getting a Cortes. I noticed you don't have one in your collection. Have you used the Cortes and what did you think?
Thanks!

I've used both the Cortes and the Deleon. Both are very good detectors, but I found myself looking at the screen too much. I like audio tone ID better or just a plain ole single tone like on the Vaquero.

tabman

walnut

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used both the Cortes and the Deleon. Both are very good detectors, but I found myself looking at the screen too much. I like audio tone ID better or just a plain ole single tone like on the Vaquero.

tabman

Tabman, what is your opinion of the Golden Umax? Do you give up too much using the notch?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread