Bandido II or Compadre with Cleansweep Coil for best dry sand / Field machine?

ChevellRCR

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two Tesoro machines. An older Bandido II non umax and a Compadre. I have no warranty on either machine and am not opposed to modifying either machine as I have little invested in them. This machine will be for dry freshwater beach hunting and possibly open field hunting of jewelry and coins. I have other detectors for water hunting and trash hunting so the cleansweep coil will be a permanent mount on the machines even though it is removable. Which of these two machines would be the best for what I'm looking to do? I know the Compadre runs a little hotter at 12khz to the Bandido's 10Khz so I'm leaning towards the Compadre and also thinking a sensitivity adjustment mod at the same time. Just wanted everyone's opinion. Thank you for any help you may have to offer.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd go with the Bandido II. It has a ground balance which you may need if you use a Cleansweep search coil. Even though it has a ED-120 discrimination range, which is just enough to discriminate out most common iron nails at it lowest end, it should still hit really hard on gold rings, coins and other pieces of small jewelry. You can put it in the all metal mode to find gold and silver necklaces. Also, I think it will probably be deeper than the Compadre. On the hand, I've heard that the Compadre and Cleansweep is a good match.

tabman

OP
OP
C

ChevellRCR

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your thoughts. I'm going to try to run it on the Bandido if I get an evening free this week. I air tested it a couple nights ago and with rings I was getting about 5 to 7 inches on average. I haven't completed my Compadre mods but will test it when it do. Probably be a week or so.

On a side note Tabman. I was just reading last night about your January finds. Very awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread