Tejon vs. AT Pro/AT Gold as a CW relic machine? Advice please.

Sarge38624

Nov 28, 2015
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been detecting for about six months and I have used an AT Pro the entire time. I have been really happy with my AT Pro, but I would like to have another machine as well. I primarily relic hunt, and I prefer to hunt for civil war relics whenever I am able. I have read that the Tejon is a civil war bullet and button magnet, and this really has me interested in picking one up, but is the Tejon really better at finding these items that the AT Pro/AT Gold? I am also considering buying an AT Gold simply because I am already familiar with the way it works and it does have an all metal mode.

I am just wondering if you guys could give me an idea of what benefits the Tejon could offer over the AT Pro/AT Gold please? The areas I hunt relics are extremely trashy. There is lots of old barbed wire, nails, iron bits etc., and I am wondering if the Tejon is able to discriminate all of this stuff well and still find the good stuff? I really would appreciate any advice you guys could give me on my purchase. Thanks in advance.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Tejon has Excellent Dual Discrimination, that does not affect its depth. The 11" x 8" Widescan coil gives it additional recovery speed and depth. It is as good or better in trash as the AT Pro or Gold. That does NOT mean you won't dig bad targets (aluminum) if you are going after lead or gold. WEIGHT is the major factor for me. I can swing the Tejon All Day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread