First time out with my new Vaquero

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received my new Vaquero last week and today was the first time I was able to get out with it. It has the new 11 x 8" coil. I will say this much, even though I used the Vaquero steadily for 6 months 3 years ago it is definitely a departure from my CTX.

I had lined out 3 homes today ranging in date from the 40s through the mid 50s.

The first house I was able to find this token. It is something about Robin Hood shoes and it is smaller than a dime. The second I found 2 wheat cents. We almost didn't detect the last house of the day. It has about the smallest yard that I have ever seen with a concrete driveway a small concrete foundation for a barn and a walkway. I would be surprised if there was more than 100 square feet of grass to detect and it was in patches. I even told him to detect and I would watch because it was really too small for more than one person.

I was still able to dig up the 1952 quarter in the picture, which was at 7 inches. What is funny is my detecting partner claims I am always able to find silver because I use a Minelab, but I was still able to get this one behind him with a "beep and dig" machine and I wasn't even proficient with it!

20160210_152729_resized.jpg P1010758.JPG P1010759.JPG

Last edited:

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice maiden voyage!!! I've heard the Vaquero is very capable and will be finding out soon myself...

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going! You really kicked butt with the Vaquero. In the right hands, it's deadly.

tabman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions