Tesoro Cibola Keeps The Streak Alive

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This morning I went to a site that I've previously hunted and one new location. I worked my butt off and detected longer than usually just to keep the streak alive. Finally at the very end of my hunt and running out of steam I finally got my search coil over a 1937 Mercury Dime. That was my 47th silver coin for the year in just 15 hunts. Not ten feet away I recovered a 1937 Buffalo Nickel. It's one of my favorite coins to find. Thankfully I found 15 Wheat Pennies along the way. Finding them always motivates me to keep looking for silver coins.

tabman

Cibola%20-%20Buffalo%20-%20Mercury%20Dime%20001_zpsf7yujstm.jpg

Cibola%20-%20Buffalo%20-%20Mercury%20Dime%20004_zps85sjqvne.jpg

Cibola%20-%20Buffalo%20-%20Mercury%20Dime%20010_zpsh4gwknon.jpg

Cibola%20-%20Buffalo%20-%20Mercury%20Dime%20005_zpsshwpwzea.jpg

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! You are on one ridiculous streak!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one awesome nickel. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can find a spot that will yield me more than 2 silver coins (that is the most in one place this year). I only have 7 silver coins in about 20 hunts.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratz! You are on one ridiculous streak!

Thanks. To top it all off I also found 3 nice gold rings along the way. If I'd give up my quest for gold rings I'd dig far less trash and find lots more silver coins. Finding 47 silver coins is easy for me, but doing it without getting skunked in 15 straight hunts is hard to do. It kinda like pitching the perfect game in the World Series. I'd like to make it an even 50 before crashing.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one awesome nickel. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can find a spot that will yield me more than 2 silver coins (that is the most in one place this year). I only have 7 silver coins in about 20 hunts.

Thanks. It's mostly about finding good locations to detect. If it ain't there you're not going to find it.

tabman

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeez, those coins are in sweet shape Tab. Just out of curiosity.....what charactoristics of the Cibola make it a keeper unit ? I know next to nothing about them. Thanks.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks. To top it all off I also found 3 nice gold rings along the way. If I'd give up my quest for gold rings I'd dig far less trash and find lots more silver coins. Finding 47 silver coins is easy for me, but doing it without getting skunked in 15 straight hunts is hard to do. It kinda like pitching the perfect game in the World Series. I'd like to make it an even 50 before crashing.

tabman

We'll have to check in the record books what the longest streak is. Congrats on your run!:occasion14:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeez, those coins are in sweet shape Tab. Just out of curiosity.....what charactoristics of the Cibola make it a keeper unit ? I know next to nothing about them. Thanks.

Thanks. My modded Cibola is basically the same detector as the Vaquero. If they're set up properly they get really good depth. What's so amazing about the Tesoro detectors is their fast recovery speed. Most of the silver coins that I find are less than 6 inches deep, so masking for me is the big hurdle, not depth. Every once in awhile I'll dig one that's in the 8 to 9 inch range. What makes them 'keepers' is that they're so damn fun to use and find stuff that other detectors miss.

tabman

Rob in (ca)

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My #1 Priority in life, would be to grid search that area, 50 X times over......... WTG!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My #1 Priority in life, would be to grid search that area, 50 X times over......... WTG!

Thanks. Yep, you can't grid search a site enough times. A little change in the ground moisture or sweep an area at a different angle will finds good targets that were missed before.

tabman

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest: