Tesoro Cibola - Two Dogs And A Rosie

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I headed back this morning to finish up a site that I've been detecting, but nothing was left except some modern coins. The heavy cloud cover was causing all kinds of EMI problems even for my F75-DST.

I was wearing down and wanted to call it day even though it would mean that my silver streak would end. As I was driving out of the area I spotted a man sitting on his front porch and there was real estate for sale sign in his front yard.

The front yard had a good slope to it and it would be a prime place to find a silver coin. I hit the brakes and turned back around, parked and ran up the hill and said are the owner? He said yes and I told him about my hobby and asked if it would be alright to for me to detect his front yard. He said "knock yourself out".

I first pulled out my F75-DST but the EMI was making it act up so I put it back in the car and got out my modded Cibola. I was working the grassy area next to side walk and I got nice solid beep, I dug down and popped a sterling silver dog pin. I was happy about that, but it wasn't a silver coin that I needed to keep my streak going.

I found 9 wheat pennies so I knew that there had to be a silver coin hiding around there somewhere. The homeowner came back out and told be that I should detect his back yard as well. Anyway long story short, I finally got my search coil over a 1964 Rosie dime. That's all that I needed, I thanked the homeowner and headed for the house.

tabman

Cibola%202%20Dog%20-%20Rosie%20002_zps8r5vebbb.jpg

Cibola%202%20Dog%20-%20Rosie%20005_zps6hxskrrq.jpg

Cibola%202%20Dog%20-%20Rosie%20007_zpsrurbdkfc.jpg

Cibola%202%20Dog%20-%20Rosie%20010_zpskzbr2ygx.jpg

Cibola%202%20Dog%20-%20Rosie%20016_zpsojkckyqm.jpg

Cibola%202%20Dog%20-%20Rosie%20013_zps0tcc3pn4.jpg

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the looks of your digger - you made it?
And, your modified-Cibola rocks....! :thumbsup:
You proved that if you don't ASK, you don't GET...!
GL+HH

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the looks of your digger - you made it?
And, your modified-Cibola rocks....! :thumbsup:
You proved that if you don't ASK, you don't GET...!
GL+HH

Thanks. I bought a Wilcox's 2" x 18" hand trowel and modified it with some pvc pipe. It makes digging small deep holes super easy.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread