Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None whatsoever.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes!!! One is black....other is Gray! Is that politically correct to say?

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both are the same in every way, except for the color. I bought a black one just because it looks so damn good.

tabman

Black%20Vaquero%20009_zpsblkr4b8k.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20011_zps7ksixz5w.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20001_zpsoz0zkkds.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20003_zpsqbtieuwf.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20006_zpslb7giwbd.jpg

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will purchase a Vaquero in April or May from a sponsor here or from a dealer who is a member.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I noticed a tone difference between the black and gray one I have. It could be an older model versus a newer model Vaquero.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a black and a gray and cannot tell any difference in tone, depth or anything. I think if I had either one in hand in the dark I could not tell the difference except one has the 11x8 coil.

OP
OP
S

stubshaft

Mar 7, 2015
Middle of the Pacific
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
Whites Prizm V
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what I thought. But I wanted to ask the pro's to be sure. Thanls for the replies.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Vaq is available with a higher tone or the more common lower tone. That may be why there's a difference between the two machines mentioned.
luvsdux

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both are the same in every way, except for the color. I bought a black one just because it looks so damn good.

tabman

But they still use the hideous blue & gray stickers? Tesoro does change up colors sometimes. Lobo ST was originally brown/tan, then a few years ago they started to offer the white & gray version. Same machine, different color choice.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see Tesoro make out their detectors in White, Blue, and Red. Good America colors.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind of like the blacked out version but yes the stickers could have been a little "tweaked" to make the overall look a little cooler.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind of like the blacked out version but yes the stickers could have been a little "tweaked" to make the overall look a little cooler.

As I said before, if the Vaquero disc worked like my Compadre disc, I would have been pleased. The Comp did not kill my back digging iron that sounded like dimes or quarters

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said before, if the Vaquero disc worked like my Compadre disc, I would have been pleased. The Comp did not kill my back digging iron that sounded like dimes or quarters

Get an Eldorado Umax.....it is a Vaquero at 10khz with Compadre ed180 disc.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get an Eldorado Umax.....it is a Vaquero at 10khz with Compadre ed180 disc.

So I have to buy a model that is no longer made in order for the disc to work as expected? No thanks, the Teknetics disc is simply amazing in iron. Get a dime signal, wow a big 3" nail. Hmmm... still getting dime signal... then, I find the dime it was UNDER the big nail!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I have to buy a model that is no longer made in order for the disc to work as expected? No thanks, the Teknetics disc is simply amazing in iron. Get a dime signal, wow a big 3" nail. Hmmm... still getting dime signal... then, I find the dime it was UNDER the big nail!
:laughing7:

Attachments

• TNHFF1a.jpg
    TNHFF1a.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 190

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Vaquero will give the correct audio ID. The audio tone that the Vaquero gives for iron is different from the audio tone that the it gives for dimes and quarters. Once you learn how to properly use a Vaquero then it will become abundantly clear how easily it is to distinguished flat iron from a silver dime or quarter. The only time that I get fooled is when I'm not paying attention. It only takes a few seconds for me to realize my mistake by the way my pin-pointer reacts in the hole. I cover up the hole and scan the hole again with the search coil. Then I realize, that my Vaquero's audio is clearly telling me that it's iron not a coin.

I would highly suggest that people who are just starting out using a Vaquero should read, 'Mastering The Tejon And Vaquero Metal Detectors".

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread