2 Freqs?

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does Tesero even have the rights to use 2 FREQS or more on a new detector? Or can anyone now make multi freq detectors? I remember reading that I think whites paid Minelab to use the rights but I remember fisher using 2 freqs before Minelab if I remember right.
Seems weird if anyone can use Multi Freqs why more companies are not doing that. Or is there a downfall to multi freq detectors even thou you can usually use only one FREQ at a time if you wanted to.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, any manufacturer can make a multiple frequency machine.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Minelab FBS and BBS detectors are patented and totally different from the Fisher and whites VLF dual frequency machines.
That said. The Fisher and Whites are great dual freq salt beach metal detectors.

OP
OP
GreenMeanie

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a CZ 20 back in the day and it was a great machine but I like multi tones. Now I am just wondering why tesero doesn't make a surf machine with dual freq for surf hunting? I can't believe they wouldn't sell a bunch of these machines being they can be used on land and surf.
Just thinking out loud here waiting for Spring so if some of my facts are wrong I apologize. I just remember the good old times with my golden saber when I first started out but right now Tesero doesn't offer what I want in a machine but wish they would.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a "Multiple Machine" believer on a saltwater beach. In wet sand and in the water my Sand Shark is as deep or deeper than any multi-freq machine on the market. On dry sand, I have used the Silver uMax; Cibola; and Vaquero with great success. I like having the right machine for any situation, like having the right golf clubs for driving; chipping; sand; and putting. :skullflag:

OP
OP
GreenMeanie

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That does make since and I will probably have to go that way myself but I do like the one machine does all thing :)

I am a "Multiple Machine" believer on a saltwater beach. In wet sand and in the water my Sand Shark is as deep or deeper than any multi-freq machine on the market. On dry sand, I have used the Silver uMax; Cibola; and Vaquero with great success. I like having the right machine for any situation, like having the right golf clubs for driving; chipping; sand; and putting. :skullflag:

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have several multi frequency detectors, and the Fisher CZ 7a Pro I think is still my favorite coin detector. It seems to be able to pick out nickles from the pull tabs the best.
I don't think Tesoro ever made a machine that could do more than one freq at the same time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread