Tesoro Vaquero vs Soccer Fields....BOOYAH!

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a fairly calm evening tonight so I headed out to the soccer fields and gave it a go for a couple of hours. The ground is just starting to get drier but rain is scheduled for Monday which will make digging easier for a while. These soccer fields will always give up coins and pulltabs, and often some league soccer pins and medals, which makes for interesting "glints" in the hole from time to time!

Tonight was no different - I walked out into the middle of the fields first, and then wandered over to the sidelines where signals were more plentiful. Disc was set between iron and nickel, Sensitivity was around 8, and the usual pumping ground balance minus 1/8 of a turn negative. The Vaquero ran like a dream, as always, but tonight I learned why I always keep the disc set this low!!! :headbang:

Hit the small sterling earring about midway through the hunt, and this got me going....kept finding zinc penny here, pulltab there; and then came across this somewhat choppy but steady signal that sounded less than an inch deep. Pinpointer registered it very close to the surface, and I don't remember it having any magical tonal qualities (LOL) - just sounded good enough to dig! Saw some sparkling reflections mixed up in the roots of the grass - looks like a nice (925) necklace weighing in at 3.1g 8-)

SAM_2416.JPG SAM_2411.JPG

SAM_2414.JPG

I can't see straight enough this late to know for sure, but it weighs like gold and discriminates out below nickel - tomorrow I'LL find out for sure!!! This Vaquero rocks! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find! Congratulations!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going on the necklace! I've always thought that you and a Vaquero would be a perfect match for one another. You are going to have to change your name from CZconnoisseur to TESOROconnoisseur. I've never detected with anyone who is as good as you are at metal detecting. I have to work my butt off just to keep up with you. If you were retired like me and had more time to detect, your new handle would be either KINGsilver or Goldking. LOL

tabman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds - Congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
CZconnoisseur

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I read the markings on the necklace and it's 925 :censored:

Put it through the ultrasonic cleaner and I can now see areas where the gold is wearing off. Oh well, I wonder though - how it would have responded if it WAS 14K...if the Disc setting I had would have been low enough to accept a small gold chain. Guess I need to get back out there!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I read the markings on the necklace and it's 925 :censored:

Put it through the ultrasonic cleaner and I can now see areas where the gold is wearing off. Oh well, I wonder though - how it would have responded if it WAS 14K...if the Disc setting I had would have been low enough to accept a small gold chain. Guess I need to get back out there!

A 925 may not be gold, but it's still a great find!

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread