Looking at a outlaw or vequero cant decide

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Tejon is deep and sensitive. But my AT Pro is decently deep and gives more information quickly and easily. And the DD coil can bring out enough high chirps even when close to iron, that can help with a decision if a target has potential or not. I still feel the love for my Tesoro, and I got a new coil for it, but the ATP just makes it easier for the less skilled user. And I am a very average hobbyist that gets limited swinging time due to life commitments. If Tesoro came out with tones in the Vaq. or Tejon, I would not have bought the Garrett. How it rolls for me, your mileage may vary.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned a bunch of machines from about all manufacturers and tried to give them all a "chance".....my favorites that will never leave are: AT Gold, AT Pro and Tejon......next choice would be the Vaquero and Compadre. But once I had the Tejon, I felt no need or use for the Vaquero. And ofcourse, for my wet sand hunting, the Sovereign GT is the king! But if I were only going to own 1 machine for everything; it would be between the Garretts and the Vaquero. This choice would be based on personal preference completely. If you want tones and a screen go with the Garrett....and if you coin hunt and park hunt more--AT pro......if you relic hunt more--AT gold. If you like the beep and dig thing----Vaquero.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One place I dig is iron central station. Trying to discriminate in there is a joke. Union camp, the soldiers were there maybe a few months. I dug a bullet the other day, used the Tejon. Only about 4 inches deep but right next to (almost under) a steel wire fence. Out of the hole popped about 8 small nails, a tiny porcelain button and 2 pieces of scrap camp lead. Screens sometimes don't help. I had an AT Pro and Gold once. Didn't keep them long, they couldn't seem to make up their minds as to what was under the loop. Now if I had them at this site, the answer would have been everything!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Outlaw with the 5.75 concentric search coil gets really good depth and the separation is just amazing. I really like both the Vaquero and Outlaw a lot.

Even better, my modded Cibola.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions