Tejon didnt let me down....

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went on a group hunt to a Union fort site in West Virginia this past weekend and the weather was rough.... but i couldnt decide on which machine to use. I finally decided to just put a bag on the Tejon and use it. Glad i did....here are my best finds. I also emptied my trash pouch several times full of shotgun shells, rifle brass and modern lead. Tejon is a great Relic hunter!

Attachments

• my finds.JPG
    my finds.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 126

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Trying to decide if I want a Tejon to try. Just got my Vaquero after being impressed with a Silver Umax, but I'm hesitant about the 8 batteries thingy of the Tejon. My Garrett is horrible, the Fishers ain't too bad with four batteries. Is the listed Tejon 3lb weight with or without batteries?

My F70 and F75 are just too chatty, and yes, I've worked for many hours on settings. I've read though the Tejon is just as chatty being so hot. In my old test garden, in the discriminate mode, this Vaquero is just as deep or deeper and a lot more quieter than my Fishers. Reswinging every burp and chirp got old.

I'm telling myself I don't need the Tejon, it's just a higher frequency and there ain't no gold in Arkansas. Or much in history as you have there....

Last edited:
OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Vaquero and Silver Umax....liked them both, but i LOVE my Tejon....right there with my AT Gold. Benefits over the Vaquero are: It is deeper, especially on low conductors, seems better in iron, has dual disc(unlimited uses here), and the trigger switch for pinpoint/all metal and second disc., also its not the girly purple(never liked that). It does use 8AA batteries but it lasts a while and is where the depth comes from. Dont know what it weighs but its light and balanced.....weight is not an issue at all.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't let the weight of the Tejon stop you, because it's very well balanced and easy to swing all day long without pain. I use rechargeable eneloop batteries in mine.

tabman

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Vaquero with 11x8 is 2lbs 8oz. My F75 with 11DD is 3lbs 10oz. Picked up a Cibola from a friend, 2-8 also.

Tesoro lists theirs at 2.2lbs, the Tejon at 3lbs.

I have a trip coming up into the mountains, I may pack the Cibola or Vaquero in with the 11x8 coil. Throw the 5.75 widescan coil in the backpack.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve1357 your at 357 post,1000 more to go,lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread