pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II ÎĽMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some say the Tesoro is a good coin shooter with disc tuned to near max. How can this be? At near max won't the silver disc out at this level? Signed, confused ???

At near max, I suspect that any LARGE metal object will get the Tesoro to beep. Even smaller silver, like a mercury dime, does still go beep at max...at least on miy Tesoros. ^_^ At max, nickels and zincolns are gone; silver, copper and clad are still beepin'.

OP
OP
R

Rod48

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2016
West Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info. I guess I need to spend a little more time with the air test and test bed to see what this baby will do.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I did a search for all of the various Tesoro models - reviews, comparisons, tips, videos. Ended up just buying our first "real" detector earlier today. Got the Silver uMax for $148 on eBay. Is used but looks like it was handled with care! Anyway, I keep seeing reference to a book that is available on Amazon in Kindle format ONLY! It's about 100 pages and is $9.99. Apparently even very experienced Tesoro detectorists say they learn loads of great stuff from this book. Might be worth checking out. Mastering the Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero Metal Detectors,
http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Tes...461385724&sr=8-12&keywords=tesoro+book+kindle

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a search for all of the various Tesoro models - reviews, comparisons, tips, videos. Ended up just buying our first "real" detector earlier today. Got the Silver uMax for $148 on eBay. Is used but looks like it was handled with care! Anyway, I keep seeing reference to a book that is available on Amazon in Kindle format ONLY! It's about 100 pages and is $9.99. Apparently even very experienced Tesoro detectorists say they learn loads of great stuff from this book. Might be worth checking out. Mastering the Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero Metal Detectors,
http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Tes...461385724&sr=8-12&keywords=tesoro+book+kindle

Worth 10 bucks for sure! Great book.....get it.

OP
OP
R

Rod48

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2016
West Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have it already, and I agree it is a good read. It's one of those books that one can read more than once and pick up on something new each time.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II ÎĽMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.jpeg

yesterday's news ^

My main Vaquero is my favorite "coin shooter" in my area, though my Eldorado is most excellent at it, as well.
Yesterday afternoon my Vaquero with a 5.75"DD, beeped up 71 coins (mostly clad & extra-crispy zincs), a junky kids ring, and a single earring. Soil was pretty consistent in that area, so I may go back there with the 5.75" concentric, instead of the DD (widescan). The concentric does pinpoint more cleanly. Mostly use the DD up here though, as I'm usually in hot rocks and inconsistent soil, where the DD really shines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread